Senior Specialist, Power Systems & Markets
- Taguig, PhilippinesNAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The responsibilities associated with this position include but not limited to:
- Enhancement and development of relevant market models (Eg. Energy and Ancillary Services markets in Luzon, Visayas and, the Mindanao grid) in simulation tools for both fundamental and probabilistic models focusing on, among others.
- Tasks for probabilistic modelling for relevant markets as required.
- Perform regular back-testing and calibration of the market models, both fundamental and probabilistic models.
- Provide an extensive outlook on relevant markets for the medium to long term (energy, ancillary services, renewable energy markets and any other relevant markets). This shall cover the significant drivers affecting market prices .
- Provide financial projections for corporate strategic planning activities, project expansion valuations, refurbishment, refinancing activities and, mergers and acquisitions.
- Proper data handling and process documentation:
- Other task that may be assigned from time to time
Skills: (Minimum requirements in terms of knowledge and skills)
- Market Analysis
- Statistical and analytical skills
- Corporate Planning / Financial Analysis
- Optimization, Market Simulation Tools, Forecasting models (SDDP/ Plexos/ Crystal Ball/ Monte Carlo simulations)
- Capacity to do research work: Markets, Plant technological advancements and cost, Contracts, Policies, Rules and, Regulations (Including External Relations /Customer Orientation)
- Wholesale Electricity Spot Market and Ancillary Services Operations
- Computer literate, proficient in word processing, spreadsheet applications and presentation/graphics tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- With preference for candidates with substantial working knowledge on hydroelectric power plant operations, electric power system operation and analysis; and programming
Experience: (Minimum required experience)
- At least five (5) years of experience in the energy market with background in Engineering and/or Technical field, and experience in planning, forecasting and market analysis.
- Highly substantial experience in the energy market.
Education: (Minimum required educational attainment)
- Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Applied Sciences
- Experience or knowledge in financial planning is preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Energy Economics or any relevant degree
- PhD in any relevant discipline an advantage.
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Sales and Marketing
- Educational requirement
- Master's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.