Variable Energy Engineer
- Taguig, PhilippinesNAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The principal function of this position is to be involved with site investigation, pre-screening/pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, and conceptual design of the greenfield development of solar and wind energy, energy storage system and emerging technology projects.
Search for and evaluate solar and wind energy projects, energy storage system and other emerging energy technologies and make recommendations for further studies; scope out and manage studies by others; make recommendations as to which projects to drop and which to pursue.
Duties and Responsibilities
(General Tasks in achieving the accountabilities)
The responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Collect, validate and synthesize secondary and primary technical data that are required for project screening, feasibility studies and conceptual design of solar and wind energy projects, energy storage system and other emerging energy technologies;
- Design and layout the various power and non-power components, including access roads and other relevant structures for the project;
- Design and implement site investigation programs for the various power and non-power components, including access roads and other relevant structures;
- Provide technical support to external consultants and liaise with the local and international service providers and contractors;
- Ensure project conformance to SNAP’s SHESQ protocols.
- Participate in various screening, appraisal, and other field-based technical activities;
- In coordination with the BDP team members, write screening, pre-feasibility and feasibility reports;
- Coordinate the use of both internal and external technical resources to ensure completion of project deliverables.
- Prepare scope of work/technical specification and bid/proposal evaluation;
- Work with diverse teams of disciplines, including scientists/engineers, designers and drafters from project screening to pre-development works;
- Prepare necessary technical documents for the DOE Renewable Energy Service Contract (RESC) application; and
- Perform other duties as may be required by BDP senior management.
Skills: (Minimum requirements in terms of knowledge and skills)
- Good understanding of solar and wind energy projects, energy storage system and other emerging energy technologies;
- Basic geotechnical and geological skills which are required for design purposes;
- Technical understanding of how solar and wind energy projects, energy storage system and other emerging energy technologies are screened, developed and structured;
- Strong analysis and design skills;
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Proven leadership, technical decision-making, and technical coaching skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary project teams in an open and collaborative team environment;
- Excellent organization, planning and execution skills; and
- Initiative, innovation, and commitment to technical excellence as well as with enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
Experience: (Minimum required experience)
- 5-10 years’ experience in the design and construction of solar and wind energy projects, energy storage system and other emerging energy technologies, and preferably with Master’s degree in Engineering;
- Broad knowledge of solar and wind energy projects, energy storage system and other emerging energy technologies and infrastructure projects and multi-disciplinary design and functional requirements, as well as with a comprehensive understanding of all phases of project development from concept through design and construction; and
- Experience in the design, tendering, and construction of solar and wind energy projects, energy storage system and other emerging energy technologies and related structures and equipment is preferred.
Education: (Minimum required educational attainment)
- Degree in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Energy Engineering or construction-related field, or equivalent construction-related work experience.
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.