Conditional Access System (CAS) Administrator
- Quezon City, PhilippinesABS-CBN Compound Mother Ignacia Avenue , Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The Conditional Access System (CAS) Administrator is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. He or she will serves as technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems and conditional access systems. He or she recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and systems applications. He or she investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. He or she identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
- Monitoring of CAS server functions and resource utilization.
- Ensuring that all services (channels) are encrypted in CAS unless requested by the management not to be encrypted.
- Ensuring the ECM/EMM bandwidth utilization is within the standards defined by management/vendor (DVB).
- Ensuring that the service request utilization is within the standards defined by the management/vendor (DRM).
- Installation of OS, VCAS platform and services, server and network components.
- Assigning and deleting of product codes of services in CAS.
- Configuring connection to MUX (ECMG/EMMG), SMS/OMI clients and middleware (OTT/IPTTV)
- Installation and configuration of routers and switches.
- Ensuring proper ventilation to servers and has redundant power supplies.
- Must be involved in the process of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing of projects involving CAS.
- Generating weekly report for CAS availability, utilization and trouble.
- Providing expansion, upgrade and decommissioning plans for the equipment, services and licenses in CAS/
- Providing budget projection for CAS equipment, services and licenses used in CAS.
- Providing training proposal to further improve competency particularly in CAS and networking technologies.
- A Bachelor degree in Electronics Communication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- With at least 5 years working experience in Cable TV or Telco environment
- Has experience in system administration, network administration, database administration, project management and service management
- Has experience in SQL-based databases such as Oracle Enterprise Database server
- Has experience in programming or scripting in C/C++/Objective-, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby or similar
- Knowledgeable in DVB/IP and Mobile applications and conditional access systems (Verimatrix, Irdeto, Sumavision, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in programming/scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, XML, SQL, TSQL
- Knowledgeable in Basic Unix skills, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux or similar, Basic IP network configuration and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing, meeting and organizational skills
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- ELJ Communication Center, ABS-CBN Compound Mother Ignacia Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Cable and Telecommunications
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.