Software Engineer for Security Analysis
- Pasig, Philippines6F, Suntree Tower, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The candidate would excel in this role through applying technical aptitude and professionalism in the following primary duties:
- Static and dynamic vulnerability analysis and reporting of applications.
- Exercising strong ethical judgement with respect to the sensitivity of regulated information assets and organizational interests.
- Exercising strong problem solving and creative thinking to technical challenges.
- Examining software technical specifications and conceptual designs to determine and recommend qualified risk requirements.
- Exercising industry best practice methodologies toward determining software flaws; and reporting clear analysis of testing results and appropriate countermeasures.
- Enhance the practice surrounding software testing to ensure regular security-focused assessments are performed.
- Work to continually improve the tools, processes, and systems utilized within the organization.
- Assist with internal audit initiatives for IT processes and systems to evaluate the adequacy and appropriateness of IT controls.
- At least 1 year(s) working experience in the related field is required for this position
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Work Experience: Candidate should have relevant work experience in software development and security analysis.
- The candidate should demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
- Appreciable knowledge of techniques and standards surrounding secure coding practices, threat intelligence, and countermeasures.
- Candidates should be familiar with the system building experience about prevent vulnerability or know-how to prevent known attacks such as XSS, Sql injection, etc.
- Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Web Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Strong interest in various aspects of security research and development.
- Strong understanding of security vulnerabilities and the impact that they can have on information systems and response methodologies.
- Excellent oral and writing skills, project management, strong people skills, and a results oriented attitude.
- In all endeavors the incumbent must demonstrate the highest degree of ethics and professionalism.
- Possess excellent analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Able to make decisions independently and in a self-directed manner in support of the goals of the team and organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment with other team members with variety of skills.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.