Public Relations (PR) Associate
- Makati, PhilippinesSalcedo, Makati, Kalakhang Maynila, PhilippinesMakatiKalakhang MaynilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
What does Slidegenius do?
Slidegenius is the premier global Presentation Design Agency with over 100+ employees. Our team of designers provides presentation design solutions to over 3,000 clients including Adidas, Reebok, Facebook, Blizzard, Delta Airlines, NASCAR, JP Morgan, and many more. We work with clients both big and small, providing us with new and exciting projects every day. In addition to PowerPoint, we offer a wide array of print services.
What the heck is a Public Relations Associate?
The Public Relations Associate will be a highly visible advocate and ambassador, responsible for strengthening the SG Interactive brand with external stakeholders. This position will partner with Product and Service business units, as well as members of Corporate Communications and the leadership team to develop communications strategies and tactics to reinforce SG’s value proposition to customers, the media, and other stakeholders. This position will act as the interface for all media inquiries and will establish and cultivate relationships with key members of the business and trade media as well as key industry analysts. The ideal candidate will direct strategy and execution of business and trade public relations plans that include media relations, traditional channels, and online channels.
- Lead all aspects of SG’s public relations strategy, including media relations, social PR, trade media, general business press, and local media.
- Identify opportunities for SG to strengthen its position as a thought leader through participation in editorial opportunities, events, and interviews.
- Support United States communications team with content, direction and assistance for local public relations activities.
- Implement appropriate measurement programs to assess the effectiveness and impact of public relations programs.
- Partner with the leadership team and colleagues within the executive team, Corporate Communications and other internal stakeholders to develop integrated, proactive public relations activities.
- Monitor industry communications to integrate key topics into communications to improve SG’s relevance.
- Support company spokespersons for interactions and interviews with the media.
- Find and market for CEO representation for the company at industry and community events
What is the office culture like?
Each SG Interactive office has its own fun and unique culture, developed by the diverse teams of designers and managers that work there. At the root of each office environment lies the foundational culture that was grown at our headquarters in San Diego.
Here in Manila, a city full of heart, we reflect that description in our office environment. Covering Asia hours and then some, the Asia office culture mirrors the collaborative foundations from our San Diego HQ to bring 24-hour coverage to SG Interactive. This has grown an environment of next level collaboration—a unique mix between independent space, colleagues within and across departments always willing to jump in and lend a hand, and an overall no-fuss can-do attitude. We strongly support each person's personal time, leading us to work hard and work well together so that when you go home, you can really go home. We enjoy all types of music, corny jokes, and a whole flurry of other interests brought about by each new person who joins the team.
Am I going to be able to grow with this company?
We offer a structured and transparent path for each member of the team. You will know where you stand at all times and your manager will highlight exactly what needs to be done in order for you to get to the place you want to be. In addition to offering growth within a given department, we also allow for inter-departmental growth if you show an aptitude in another area. And the growth doesn’t stop there, as the company itself is growing at an amazing rate, providing new and exciting opportunities for our team every day!
Okay, so… What's the catch?
The catch is that you have to bring your ‘A’ game. We expect our employees to bring positive, creative energy into the office everyday. That way we can face any challenge that gets thrown our way, knowing that we will be able to lean on each other for support
Where do I sign up?
If you think this position is a good fit for you and that you are a good fit for us, we would love for you to send in the following for us to review:
- Cover letter
- Link to portfolio (digital or download)
- Monthly/Salary request based on a 40 hour work week
What sort of qualifications do I need?
- 3+ years of experience in a corporate role and similar function.
- Graphic design and/or broader technology industry experience is desirable.
- Experience building brand and thought leadership programs
- Comfortable relating to people at all levels in a global organization, from senior executive management to engineers and marketing professionals; proven proactive partnering and collaborative skills with a wide variety of colleagues across all business and functional areas
- Experience working with social media as well as traditional PR channels
- Aptitude for technology or background in technology-based field a strong plus
- A combination of strategic and pragmatic project management and execution skills
- Results-orientation; demonstrated ability to link the function’s priorities to business strategy and the delivery of business results
- Established relationships with key technology and business media a plus
- Comfortable working in an achievement culture
- Willing to work on shifting schedule.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Job level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job category
- Sales and Marketing
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Salcedo , Makati, Kalakhang Maynila, Philippines
- Graphic Design / Web Design
- 5 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.