Graphic Design Manager
- Bacolod, Philippines
- Full time
Graphic Design Manager assists the SlideGenius design team in creative direction, quality control, and design completion while striving to maintain a positive, creative environment.
- Works closely with design team members in project development, which includes helping the designers interpret instructions and content, providing inspiration, reviewing for quality and accuracy, overseeing project timelines, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Works closely with the project manager to delegate and assign projects to designers based on current workload and designer expertise and skills.
- Works closely with a copywriter to answer questions and provide assistance.
- Follows projects from creation to final production, including sign-off on proof reviews and client approvals.
- Maintains an ongoing project timeline that charts the status of all approved design projects and designer performance.
- Meets with the management team to consistently improve business practices between US and Asia.
- Upon arrival, address any immediate concerns (e.g., urgent client requests, designer questions, etc.)
- Read and sort through US, designer, and management emails
- Create a list of things to accomplish before EOD (to-do list)
- Participate in the daily, 15-minute SCRUM meeting to discuss the current creative workload*
- Discuss specific project concerns immediately after SCRUM*
- Make a daily announcement to the design floor involving SOP, reoccurring issues, and positive acknowledgments (post-SCRUM)*
- Review and proof completed projects before sent to US
- Continue to address designer questions/concerns throughout the day
- Before leaving, meet briefly with the project management team to plan the workload for the next day
*Joining SCRUM is not necessary until Asia receives a full and consistent workload. Weekly one-on-ones will be scheduled to address issues and positive feedback.
- Minimum of 3 years of design experience
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite CS6+, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint
- Personal and professional track record that demonstrates a commitment to the mission of SlideGenius
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; highly organized, able to manage time well, meet deadlines, and prioritize constantly; excellent attention to detail
- Must be enthusiastic and innovative
- A positive attitude – ability to work hard, have fun, and operate efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up work environment and in a highly complex and dynamic industry sector
- Commitment to professional development and teambuilding
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Key Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Tagalog
- Excellent design skills and instinct
- Up-to-date with what is popular in US design styles and culture
- Able to command a room and inspire
- Able to nurture each designer
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of design
- Print and digitally savvy
- Able to follow directions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understand the importance of time management
- Easy to work with
- Willing to be accountable for the designer's output
- Able to work on the graveyard shift
- May need to work overtime to ensure projects are proofed and without mistakes before they are sent to the US
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Graphic Design
- Adobe InDesign
- Critical Thinking
- Web Design
- Layout Design
- Graphics Design & Multimedia
- Multimedia Arts
- Graphic Design
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.