The Copywriter is responsible for researching, writing, and editing content for blog and guest blog efforts. If necessary, he or she will also develop content for clients. The Copywriter must have his or her own writing technique and a high aptitude for grammar, style, syntax, punctuation, and spelling.
- Write creative and expert articles.
- Finalize and proofread content, suitable for publishing.
- Study industry niche(s), create article topics that will drive shares, links and traffic.
- Study digital and marketing trends and techniques to incorporate into our strategies.
- Schedule and publish blog posts.
- Develop and condense text as needed for client projects.
- Assist in proofing client projects for proper grammar, style, syntax, punctuation, and spelling.
- Efficiently work with a team of copywriters and designers.
Qualified Candidates should possess:
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, or English.
- 2-years of copywriting and/or editing experience.
- Demonstrate a firm grasp on crafting compelling content.
- High aptitude for proper writing technique, including spelling, punctuation, syntax, and grammar.
- Keen attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent communication and research skills.
- Fluent in speaking, writing, and reading English.
- Expert knowledge of spelling, punctuation, syntax and grammar rules.
- Strong writer: capable of crafting well-written messages quickly.
- Knowledge of SEO and WordPress, preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills: able to interpret, research, and problem solve.
- Good listener and can follow directions.
- Strong communicator and creative thinker.
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude.
- Comfortable hitting project deadlines.
- Value constructive criticism.
- Comfortable multi-tasking as a key player on a variety of projects (if necessary.)
- Handle themselves in a pleasant, personable manner (in-person, phone, and email.)
- Are risk takers and self-starters.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Integrity and a high degree of personal responsibility
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Creative Writing
- English [Creative Writing]
- Communication Arts [Writing & Speech]
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.