Design Manager | Bacolod City
- Bacolod, PhilippinesMezzanine, Two San Parq, Lacson Street, Bacolod, Negros Occidental, Philippines, Bacolod, Negros Occidental, PhilippinesBacolodNegros OccidentalPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
What does SG Interactive do?
Slidegenius is the premier global Presentation Design Agency with over 100+ employees. Our team of designers provides presentation design solutions to over 3,000 clients including Adidas, Reebok, Facebook, Blizzard, Delta Airlines, NASCAR, JP Morgan, and many more. We work with clients both big and small, providing us with new and exciting projects every day. In addition to PowerPoint, we offer a wide array of print services.
What the heck is a Design Manager?
As a Design Manager, you will work closely with the Account Coordinators to take on client projects. You show a great understanding for customer service but also come from a place of expertise and can guide the client to the best project outcome. You act as both a consultant for the client and design interpreter for the team. The designers follow your direction for what projects should look like and you will provide feedback along the way to make sure they get things just the way the client wants it.
What kind of projects would I be working on?
Our client base ranges anywhere between mom-and-pop shops to Fortune 500 companies. You will have the opportunity to work on them all and if a designer catches wind of a specific project that they want to be a part of, we make sure that they are involved!
What is the office culture like?
Each SlideGenius office has its own fun and unique culture, developed by the diverse teams of designers and managers that work there. At the root of each office environment lies the foundational culture that was grown at our headquarters in San Diego. Here in Manila, a city full of heart, we reflect that description in our office environment. Covering Asia hours and then some, the Asia office culture mirrors the collaborative foundations from our San Diego HQ to bring 24 hour coverage to SG Interactive. This has grown an environment of next level collaboration—a unique mix between independent space, colleagues within and across departments always willing to jump in and lend a hand, and an overall no-fuss can-do attitude. We strongly support each person's personal time, leading us to work hard and work well together so that when you go home, you can really go home. We enjoy all types of music, corny jokes, and a whole flurry of other interests brought about by each new person who joins the team.
Am I going to be able to grow with this company?
We take great pride in cultivating growth for our designers. We offer a structured and transparent path for each member of the team. You will know where you stand at all times and your manager will highlight exactly what needs to be done in order for you to get to the place you want to be. In addition to offering growth within a given department, we also allow for inter-departmental growth if you show an aptitude in another area. And the growth doesn’t stop there, as the company itself is growing at an amazing rate, providing new and exciting opportunities for our team every day!
Okay, so… What's the catch?
The catch is that you have to bring your ‘A’ game. We expect our designers to bring positive, creative energy into the office everyday. That way we can face any challenge that gets thrown our way, knowing that we will be able to lean on each other for support.
Where do I sign up?
If you think this position is a good fit for you and that you are a good fit for us, we would love for you to send in the following for us to review:
Link to portfolio (digital or download)
Monthly/Salary request based on a 40 hour work week
We ask that our applicants meet the majority of the following prerequisites:
- Preferably has 5 years of managerial experience in handling a team of designers
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of experience
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Exceptional understanding of basic design principles
- Experience working with Microsoft PowerPoint (the more, the better)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in speaking to clients either through email, on the phone, or in-person
- Commitment to both personal and professional development
- Well-organized and able to prioritize between multiple different tasks
- Desire to excel and grow within and with the company
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a team
- Experience in a leadership role and/or leading a team
- Constructive and positive attitude with a great sense of humor
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Adobe Photoshop
- Creative Thinking
- Adobe Illustrator
- Graphic Design
- Adobe InDesign
- Layout Design
- Microsoft / MS Powerpoint
- Graphic Design
- graphic design & multimedia
- Multimedia Arts
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Media and Creatives
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Two San Parq, Lacson Street, Mandalagan, Bacolod, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Graphic Design / Web Design
- 10 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.