- Makati, PhilippinesUnit 11-A Valero Tower, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
What does Slidegenius do?
Slidegenius is the premier global Presentation Design Agency with over 100+ employees. Our team of designers provides presentation design solutions to over 3,000 clients including Adidas, Reebok, Facebook, Blizzard, Delta Airlines, NASCAR, JP Morgan, and many more. We work with clients both big and small, providing us with new and exciting projects every day. In addition to PowerPoint, we offer a wide array of print services.
What the heck is a Proofreader?
A Proofreader has the responsibility of reviewing designed projects and ensuring the content is accurate. The designers at SlideGenius are top-notch, but occasionally, words or pesky punctuation marks get lost in the shuffle. Our clients are leading businesses from all types of industries, and they all expect perfection, so we need the right people who can guarantee our presentations are true to client source files. Proofreaders need exceptional attention to detail and a critical eye; familiarity with reading technical/scientific documentation is a big plus!
What kind of projects would I be working on?
Our clients come from all types of industries and are located all over the globe. As a Proofreader, you’ll be validating (and potentially editing) content that describes the latest consumer market research or the next technology breakthrough. We’re looking for someone with an exceptional command of English and an eye for detail. Projects can range from short marketing presentations to lengthy, technical industry reports with charts, tables, and footnotes.
What is the office culture like?
Each SG Interactive office has its own fun and unique culture, developed by the diverse teams of designers and managers that work there. At the root of each office environment lies the foundational culture that was grown at our headquarters in San Diego.
Here in Manila, a city full of heart, we reflect that description in our office environment. Covering Asia hours and then some, the Asia office culture mirrors the collaborative foundations from our San Diego HQ to bring 24-hour coverage to SG Interactive. This has grown an environment of next-level collaboration—a unique mix between independent space, colleagues within and across departments always willing to jump in and lend a hand, and an overall no-fuss can-do attitude. We enjoy all types of music, corny jokes, and a whole flurry of other interests brought about by each new person who joins the team.
Am I going to be able to grow with this company?
We take great pride in cultivating growth for our employees. You will know where you stand at all times and your manager will highlight exactly what needs to be done in order for you to fulfill the needs of your position. In addition to offering growth within a given department, we also allow for inter-departmental growth and/or hybrid positions if you show an aptitude in another area. And the growth doesn’t stop there, as the company itself is growing at an amazing rate, providing new and exciting opportunities for our team every day!
Okay, so… What's the catch?
The catch is that you have to bring your ‘A’ game. We expect all our employees to bring positive, creative energy into the office everyday. We can face any challenge that gets thrown our way knowing that we will be able to lean on each other for support.
Where do I sign up?
If you think this position is a good fit for you and that you are a good fit for us, we would love for you to send in the following for us to review:
- Cover letter
- Monthly/Salary request based on a 40 hour work week
What sort of qualifications do I need?
We ask that our applicants meet the majority of the following prerequisites:
- Excellent verbal and written English skills (communication, reading, and comprehension)
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Ability to follow work protocols, adapt to new processes, and think critically
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (preferably in Word and PowerPoint)
- Commitment to both personal and professional development
- Well-organized and able to prioritize between multiple and different tasks
- Desire to learn new skills and the ability to apply them effectively
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a team
- Constructive and positive attitude with a great sense of humor
- Familiarity with technical documents (research papers, medical texts, etc.) and writing style guides (AP, Chicago, MLA, APA, etc.), multiple languages, and interest in design are all pluses
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Transportation Allowances
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Technical Writing
- Graphic Design
- Creative Writing
- Critical Thinking
- Microsoft / MS Powerpoint
- English [Creative Writing]
- Graphic Design
- Communication Arts
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.