Risk Manager - Makati
- Makati, PhilippinesMakati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Identify, measure, monitor and manage operational risks embedded into the firm's businesses by developing a sound, open and proactive risk culture, working closely with Country CRO’s and functional units while assisting the management to minimise losses and negative outcomes arising from operational risks for the 2 or 3 countries they are responsible for.
- Ensure compliance with the group standards & regulatory requirements in terms of maintaining an effective and comprehensive enterprise risk management framework for the 2 or 3 countries they are responsible for
- Facilitate the annual risk assessment for the 2 or 3 countries they are responsible for: conduct risk assessment workshops with country CEO and team, provide guidance to Country CRO’s to carry out the assessments, collating the results, identifying and reporting the risks to the relevant stakeholders
- Perform deep dive analysis and other projects, on an ad hoc basis, into specific areas of interest or concern across the region, including countries not immediately under their responsibility.
- Run the Loss Data Collection activities for the 2 or 3 countries they are responsible for, taking initiative to quickly manage any large loss events in a proactive manner
- Strengthen 3 Lines of Defence and promote risk awareness culture for the 2 or 3 countries they are responsible for by frequent interaction with local business units and other regional teams and providing training and workshops
- Over 7 years experience working in the insurance industry. Can include time working in insurers and consultancy firms
- The majority of this exposure should be within a multinational setting.
- Experience working in both a local country and regional office would be beneficial
- Experience operating in or managing JV’s an advantage as are Chinese language skills
- Technical knowledge of operational risk management tools and its application within the industry sector
- Technical knowledge on Cyber Risk and Distribution risks in the insurance sector an advantage
- Ability to operate and lead in an evolving, often ambiguous environment
- Cultural awareness and close working with local teams across Asia and Group Head Office
- First class analytical and practical problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex issues in a quick and simple manager, often to non-technical senior management
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.