News Writer - Business News
- Pasig, PhilippinesGF, Frontera Drive, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The Role: As a News Writer, you will be responsible in gathering news and writing briefs regarding business. Each writer will be part to a team. Each team will cover a specific industry of a specific region. These industry will include the metals and mining industry, energy, real estate, and banking and finance.
The Location: Our news office is located in Pasig City, Philippines.
The Impact: You will be writing timely news updates. You will help the News team provide accurate and timely news to our clients, helping provide them with the essential intelligence they need to make the right business decisions.
What’s in it for you: You will have the opportunity to develop your writing skills, as well as gain industry knowledge in the specific business sectors. Down the line, expert writers may be given the responsibility of writing more and more complex articles and reports.
The Team: The role will have you working with a global team of News people. You will interact with colleagues in our News Desks in the US, UK, and Hong Kong, as well as colleagues in Pakistan and India.
- Ideally, you should have a solid background in writing and have a keen eye for details.
- Knowledge of business news is a plus.
- We will be providing industry specific training so a strong initiative to learn is required is needed for the position.
- You will vet news wires, newspapers, and company websites to capture and to monitor information, and news articles about the various business sectors and the companies being covered in the industry assigned.
- You will write news briefs based on newspaper stories, press releases and filings.
- You maybe assigned other enterprise stories, and contribute to regular features, aggregating stories based on subject matter.
- There might also be opportunities to edit basic news stories.
What We’re Looking For:
- Are you passionate about writing and interested in learning about business news?
- Do you have a good grasp of the English language?
- Are you open to work the night shift to write about up-to-date news regarding the different industries?
- Possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Journalism, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Mass Communications or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of news writing experience.
- Excellent written communication skills required, including high-level grasp of English language grammar.
- Prior knowledge regarding the industry is preferred but not required.
- Capable of working under pressure and in a dynamic environment.
- Have strong interest to pursue business/financial news writing.
- Amenable to work in Pasig City and during holidays and weekends.
- Willing to work for night shift.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.