The Role: Data Researcher, Energy Industry Content
As a Data Researcher within Energy Industry Content, you will utilize internal & external public research sources such as government regulatory documents, stock exchanges, industry documents to collect and accurately identify relevant Energy asset and Commodities information, develop key enabling tools, streamline processes and create actionable reporting to support the Energy and Industry & Asset organization.
The Location: Makati Stock Exchange
The Team: The Team is responsible for data gathering and processing of multiple datasets within Power Generation, Transmission Lines, Substations, LNG Storage Facility, Natural Gas Storage Facility, Natural Gas Pipelines and Coal Mines of countries across the globe. The Energy Industry Team works from different global offices, which includes India, Philippines and US, with close collaboration with Research, News and Product teams.
The Impact: We provide high quality and timely data and our Data Researchers perform the key tasks in data collection, maintenance and processing. We cater to the needs of both internal and external clients including Client Operations, who rely on our team in terms of extracting, transferring and loading of data for their research or article production. Our external clients include the likes of American Wind Energy Association, Mitsubishi Electric Power Products and ICF International, Inc. to name a few of our global industry players use our data in making sound and efficient business analysis and decisions.
What’s in it for you:
- A professional and multicultural, diverse working environment
- Exposure to the global Commodities industry
- Be part of a high-performance, results-focused meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability.
- A multi-track career path, which means someone, may aspire for management/leadership role or subject-matter expert/specialist role or a role in the process/automation.
- Responsible for entering and editing data in work tools as per specified guidelines and checklists.
- Captures comprehensive information on the data tracked by the respective department.
- Reviews feedback involving their content to help correct errors and establish or refine procedures and processes to improve accuracy.
- Deliver on predefined individual and team targets including delivering outcomes with quality and excellence.
- Works within own team understand, enhance or update processes and procedure by remaining up-to-date in knowledge of content sets.
- Increase learning by accomplishing Learning Xchange modules as well as modules for policy compliance.
- Fosters innovation by identifying enhancement initiatives that support our LEAN philosophy.
- Collaborate with cross-offices to streamline the procedures to ensure the team is aligned on all the procedures, processes and practices.
- Support the team in completing projects, audit fixes, client requests, live maintenance tasks and other projects within the designated guarantee date.
- Improve efficiencies in work processes through lean methodology and automation
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business. Specialization in Energy, Environmental Science and/or Commodities related field is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
- Keen attention to details with strong focus on data quality and accuracy.
- Strong Communication and good reading and comprehension skills.
- Able to collaborate across multiple cultures.
- Highly reliable with no issues on attendance and should be flexible to work in shifts or render overtime when business requires
- Good competitive attitude towards work.
- Ability to problem solve, think creatively and critically, adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Strong desire to innovate and optimize processes
- Must be willing to work in Makati
- SQL, Advanced Excel or VBA skills are advantage.
- Any related industry background is a plus.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Data Analysis
- Microsoft / MS Excel
- Data Encoding / Data Entry
- Job level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Makati Stock Exchange Building, Ayala Avenue, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Financial Technology
- 12 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.