- Makati, Philippines6750 Office Drive, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Data associate in the data journalism team is responsible for publishing data and research in MI in a timely, accurate, and relevant manner. It is very important that your interest are aligned with the career growth opportunities of this role. You need to have natural interest to learn about data analysis, generating ideas for research & analysis.
Our digital newsroom is dedicated to delivering readers actionable news on financial markets around the world. You will work closely with editors and reporters focused on the financial markets beat to conduct current events and trend analysis using our collected data.Team strives to provides editorial content on the industry trends. The team leads the efforts on creating ediroiral filtered and important information in timely manner to our clients. We assist support team, UAT team, Product Managers, Account managers and editors for general as well as complex data research topics.
The Career Opportunity:
In addition to building knowledge and expertise about global financial markets, you will be able to generate stories about a range of topics related to Banking, Demographics, Branches, mergers and acquisition activity, market rates, ESG-issues, equities, and more.
The position requires strong analytical, research, communication and report writing skills. The analyst will primarily be responsible for writing insightful data-driven features and reports on the Banking Industry. He/she will be expected to have a high level of engagement in brainstorming sessions and will be responsible for generating new executable ideas that highlight interesting trends in their assigned regions.
- Cover breaking news or trend analysis using S&P-collected and third party data
- Carry out analysis to produce insightful features and data-driven analytical trends
- Collaborate with other data journalists, reporters, and editors on data-driven coverage
- Educate the broader newsroom on how to use S&P's best in class data within day-to-day news coverage
- Articulate key financial and market trends; Collate data and write data-driven articles and reports on assigned regions
- Fact-check data for articles
- Address external publication-related/research queries
- Work with internal stakeholders on product enhancement initiatives
- Collaborate with various SPGMI teams on ad-hoc projects
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s in Finance/Accounting/Banking, Business, Economics, or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of working experience in the related field is preferred; fresh graduates can be considered.
- Overall successful candidates are bright, inquisitive, fast learners with a strong interest in learning about financial markets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency and eloquence in English is required. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be willing to work in Makati and on Night Shift. Must be amenable to work on holidays and weekends
- Research skills
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Banking knowledge (including specific markets we cover)
- MS Excel
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.