The Role: A premier sector-focused news and information provider, is looking for a Research Associate for our Metals & Mining Research team in Manila.
In this dynamic role you will be responsible for maintaining and growing our exploration, demand, and supply databases.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Collating, analyzing and forecasting mine production from a wide variety of sources across a range of commodities.
- Coordinating workflows with senior team members to deliver estimated production data and peer review work.
- Develop thought leadership pieces and investigate hypotheses for insightful research on industry trends.
- Collaborate with cross-team members on research and thought leadership pieces.
- Contributing to the compilation of various exploration-, supply-, and demand-focused research efforts.
- Global travel, mine site and conference attendance to support our clients & research as and when required
The Impact: Has a solid reputation as a premier sector-focused news and information provider. Our clients include a cross section of the broader Metals, Minerals and Mining sector from mining companies, vendors, consultants, regulators/governments and all those that operate within the financial and commodities markets such as Investment Banks, Investment Managers, Hedge Funds, Brokers etc. We are a multinational organization that has built a robust franchise on data collection and standardization, layering on proprietary news and research, employing economists and geologists well regarded within the sector.
The Team / The Business: Our team provides in-depth expert insight into the metals and mining sector. Offering an unsurpassed level of experience, from worldwide exploration, development and production to strategic planning and acquisitions activity - this group delivers reliable, unbiased research and analysis drawn directly from extensive industry contacts, global news and other information sources. Our high-quality products and services help clients identify, benchmark and value new business opportunities, monitor competitors and market trends, and act on strategies more confidently and efficiently.
Our Hiring Manager says: "I'm looking for someone with a passion for the mining industry and an ability to devise creative solutions. You’ll be working on information that powers our publications and provides critical insight to clients. If continuing your understanding of the global supply of metals is of interest, I want to speak to you.”
Requirements for success:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Mining Analyst or similar role
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Geology, Mining, Economics or business)
- Solid numeric analytic capabilities
- The capability to see the big picture and understand which information matters
- Advanced MS Excel skills, experience with MS Access or other database systems is advantageous
- Strong problem solving ability
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to work in a global team and interact with colleagues in multiple geographic locations
- Willing to work for midshift or night shift
- Willing to be assigned in Makati Stock Exchange
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Writing and Content
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Makati Stock Exchange Building, Ayala Avenue, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Financial Technology
- 2 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.