The Role: Data Researcher I
The Location: Manila
Who we are:
FIG Bank Regulatory Financial collects data from several regulatory agencies for each of the industries -- Commercial/Savings Banks, Savings Institutions (a.k.a. Thrifts), Bank/Thrift Holding Companies and Credit Unions. The data for each of the industry is collected from a separate regulatory agency website. The number of institutions being covered has decreased considerably from around 28,700 at 12/31/1996 to 19,400 at 12/31/2012.
The 031-041-051 call reports for Commercial/Savings Banks regulated by FDIC/OCC are collected from FFIEC’s CDR website. The Y9 and FR filings for holding companies regulated by FED are collected from FFIEC’s NIC website. The 5300 and 5310 call reports for credit unions and corporate credit unions respectively are available from their regulator’s website - NCUA.
Our team collects all financial and other information from the above reports, and does several ratio calculations. We also process common regulatory financials for comparing a bank with thrift, or a bank with BHC, etc. We also create our own state and asset-based aggregates that clients use to see the performance of a bank against the aggregate group. We have recently started collecting bank regulatory data of other countries (Latin America).
What’s in it for you:
- Work efficiently using automated internal tools and platforms.
- A chance to enhance/learn more on Excel & SQL
- The liberty to provide own suggestions to enhance the workflow
- Work with local and global counterparts in Ahmedabad
- A chance to improve your leadership skills
- Has a Bachelor’s degree.
- Has good communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to work in flexible schedules when there’s a business need
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Basic understanding of SQL would be an advantage
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment while following deadlines
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.