Commercial Operations Privacy Analyst
The Privacy Analyst position supports the commercial organization with infrastructure and privacy initiatives. The position is responsible for maintaining daily tasks, which affect data handling and customer privacy. The Privacy Analyst role is responsible for providing support within the commercial teams, as well as, the wider Platts organization. The tasks and projects contained within this role have a major impact on the success and failures of the organization as a whole. The position also holds the title of Global Privacy Officer for Platts.
Main responsibilities include:
- Privacy official for Platts liaising with corporate legal for new and updated rules
- Work with Government Affairs and Legal to coordinate privacy training sessions for appropriate personnel as needed (i.e., employees dealing with personally identifiable information)
- Stay current on marketing, sales, technology and business processes within the Business Unit to the extent they involve PII and could affect customer privacy
- Ensure Platts, and any newly acquired companies are compliant with privacy rules and regulations
- Manage the global preference center
- Maintain the global opt-out database for Platts
- Support the organization by monitoring and maintain customer privacy and request. Activities include, but are not limited to:(1) Maintain Marketing Ops email box for unsubscribes and additional customer email communications, (2) Implement monthly reporting for given tasks, (3) Establish and maintain documentation for current and new responsibilities, and (4) Problem-Solving.
- Training for new hires and ongoing changes to privacy laws
- Monitor, collect, process and report on information gathered from Marketing Operations and Web Editorial emails boxes.
- Monitor, collect, process and report on information gathered from direct mail processing activities
- Monitor, collect, process and report on information gathered from telemarketing activities
- Create process documents for new and existing processes as needed for not only privacy projects but other initiatives as well
- 1 or more years of related working experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent attention to detail with great time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across departments
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Must be open to working the midshift
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.