- Pasig, PhilippinesSilver City 2, Frontera Drive, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The Role: As a News Writer, you will be responsible in gathering news and writing briefs about the companies.
The Impact: You will be responsible in providing timely news updates. You will help the News team provide accurate and timely news to our clients, helping provide them with the essential intelligence they need to make the right business decisions.
The Career Opportunity: You will have the opportunity to develop your writing skills, as well as gain industry knowledge in the financial sector. Down the line, high performers may be given the responsibility of writing more and more complex stories and data-driven reports.
The Team / The Business: The role will have you working with a global team of News people. You will interact with colleagues in our News Desks in the US, UK, and Hong Kong, as well as colleagues in Pakistan and India.
Your Skills: Ideally, you should have a solid background in writing and have a keen eye for details. You must be able to work well under pressure and with a tight deadline. Knowledge of business news is a plus.
Our Hiring Manager says: We are looking for a good writer with a nose for news, who enjoys learning something new every day about financial industry, and who is looking to develop his/her journalistic skills.
- Vets news wires, newspapers, and company websites to gather and monitor information, and news articles about the European Financial industry and the companies being covered.
- Writes news briefs based on newspaper stories, press releases and filings.
- May write other enterprise stories as assigned. Contribute to regular features, aggregating stories based on subject matter.
- Edit basic news stories as necessary
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Journalism, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Mass Communications or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of news writing experience.but fresh grads are welcome to apply
- Outstanding written communication skills required, including high-level grasp of English language grammar.
- Prior knowledge regarding the industry is preferred but not required.
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Must have strong interest to pursue business/financial news writing.
- Must be amenable to work in Pasig and during holidays.
- Must be open to work in various shifts - specifically night shift
- Job level
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level
- Job category
- Writing and Content
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Silver City 2, Frontera Drive, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Financial Technology
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.