Financial Research Analyst | Leverage Financials / Commentary
- Makati, Philippines6750 Ayala Avenue, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The Location: Manila, Philippines
The Team: Leveraged Commentary & Data has more than three dozen journalists and analysts providing news and research on the leveraged finance markets to 80,000 plus subscribers worldwide. It is the leading information provider on the leveraged finance markets whose success hinges upon producing a superior data and research product.
This position is part of the data content team. The data content team is responsible for maintaining LCD’s databases ensuring that not only is information entered in a timely fashion, but also the accuracy and quality. The data content team resides in NY, Virginia and London – this hire will expand the team to Manila, Philippines
The Impact: This role will be focused on all aspects of data management, including the primary market data behind LCD’s market technical and the investor market data (BDCs, CLOs, etc.). Management of this data is a cornerstone to LCD’s unique content and maintaining its competitive position in the leveraged finance market.
What’s in it for you: This is an opportunity for anyone interested in the levfin markets to gain exposure with the leading information provider. LCD is well known for the quality of content that it provides – the accuracy of its data, the relevancy of its technicals and analytics, and the quality of the information it provides. In order to succeed in this role, you will have to not only learn about the data management processes, but also about the markets themselves. LCD ensures that its team members are well versed in the nature and technicalities of the lev fin markets, and also provides the building blocks for robust analytical skills.
- Understand and source data directly from Credit Agreements.
- Gather information from market sources such as SEC filings, Ratings Direct, CapitalIQ, and update LCD’s related databases and analysis.
- Assist in data compilation of Business Development Companies (BDCs) and default and recovery studies. s
- Provide support to senior analysts and other group members for other varied data collection processes and analysis.
- Build up knowledge of the basics of the leveraged finance markets including loans and high yield bonds. This includes the mechanics of the markets, syndication processes and documentation.
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in a related field such as finance or accounting.
- Have at least 4 years of experience in financial or economic research
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, particularly with regards to the ability to accurately handle data.
- Ability to be an independent self-starter in a detail-oriented, deadline-driven environment.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn about financial markets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be amenable to working the midshift
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.