- Pasig, PhilippinesGround Floor, Silver City Bldg 2, Frontera Drive, Tiendesitas Ortigas Pasig, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The Role: Fact Checker I
Location : Silver City
The Team/The Business: The role will have you working as part of a global news team.
The Impact: A fact checker is the "last line of defense" for the news department and helps ensure that all articles are accurate and error-free.
What's in it for you: The position will provide an opportunity to develop your editing skills and gain knowledge in the various industries.
- Primary responsibility for fact checking content as assigned.
- Verifies facts in Market Intelligence news articles based on internal and external source material.
- Understands principles, terminology and concepts related to industry coverage area.
- Makes sure stories appear correctly online.
- Collaborates regularly with reporters, editors and copy editors.
- Completes other assignments and tasks as assigned.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Journalism, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Mass Communications or equivalent area.
- Outstanding written communication skills required, including a high-level understanding of English language and grammar.
- Prior knowledge regarding the industry is preferred but not required.
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong interest in business and financial news.
- Must have high attention to detail and a strong initiative to learn.
- Must be open to working on a Night Shift
- Job level
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level
- Job category
- Writing and Content
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Ground Floor, Silver City Bldg 2, Frontera Drive, Tiendesitas Ortigas Pasig, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Financial Technology
- 3 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.