Senior Android Software Engineer
- Makati, Philippines2288 Chino Roces Avenue , Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Why work at Viyahe Inc. as a Senior Android Software Engineer
A lot of trust is placed on Engineers enabling them to design their projects and have ownership and pride in their work. You will be part of a team eager to deliver user friendly interfaces while not compromising business value. We have applied CI and CD practices to speed up delivery of functionality, enabling Engineers to autonomously test and release their work faster. Learn to develop Android apps with a focus on user experience, performance, and frequent releases.
We value personal and career growth, we send our team out to training once a year for big conferences, and multiple times for many local workshops.
About this role
This role directly reports to the Head of Software Engineering, but will work closer with Product Development in charge of UX and Design. The Senior Android Software Engineer will be responsible for any assigned task the leadership assigns them, these tasks will involve Android App development with regards to design implementation, integration of data sources, application of security best practices, release and publishing to the Play Store, and some CI and automation configuration.
- Implement UI and UX designs from the Product Development team
- Integrating functionality delivered by neighboring software teams
- Receiving bug reports and delivering fixes
- Optimizing the performance of the Android App and its parts
- Reviewing the work of their peers with constructive criticism
- Providing troubleshooting instructions
- Collaborating with the DevOps engineers to develop or improve the CI/CD pipeline
- Facilitating the release and publishing of the Android App in the Play Store
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Information Technology, or other relevant Degrees
- Practical experience in publishing an Android app to the Play Store
- Writing Unit and End-to-end Tests
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.