Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Cebu City, Philippines32 Sanson Road, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines, Cebu City, Cebu, PhilippinesCebu CityCebuPhilippines
- Full time
Responsible in reviewing and compiling the service agreements of contractors and suppliers by carefully auditing the completeness, validity, legal requirements and implications, up to the notarization of the necessary documents for legal-compliance purposes. The position also participates in receiving, checking and verifying material and equipment deliveries against purchase requests and contract terms, also performs a range of cost evaluation and forecasting functions as directed.
Role and Responsibilities
Contractors and Suppliers’ Service Agreement
- Reviews and compiles all service agreements and requirements provided by the contractors and/or suppliers, ensuring that all documents are accurate, complete, have been duly signed by both parties, and notarized before receiving and compiling them
- Responsible in verifying that all transactions made by the suppliers and/or contractors as well as those performed in behalf of Rockwell are consistent with the agreed terms and conditions in the contract
- Liaises with the representatives of the contractors and/or suppliers for any issues, negotiations, and settlements and escalates those that require major decision making to the Team Leader.
Management of Material/Equipment Deliveries
- Receives and checks for completeness, correctness of all material and/or equipment deliveries
- Tracks every delivery by keeping logs and acknowledgement documents updated before endorsing them to Warehouse Team for storage
Surveying and Estimation works as instructed
- Quantifies all the items in the project as a requirement in the preparation of preliminary cost estimates based on per square meter cost derived from conceptual/ preliminary drawings which are not included by the consultants.
- Prepares detailed estimates on all items used per area as needed when deriving the quantity of materials and labor cost during counterchecking of its corresponding Materials Request Form.
- Performs site monitoring on the progress activity to record and update manpower productivity report as basis for assessment and projections of future work
Cost Evaluation and Forecasting works as instructed
- Prepares and draw up the budget and cost comparison of works from previous and on-going Rockwell projects to make predictions and estimates for the current project
- Prepares unit rate forecast for products and services which are observed to inflate or deflate on a certain period of time
- Prepares, updates and maintains the cost and quantity estimates of the different materials needed for the project
Performs other tasks as instructed
- Sourcing of potential bidders and suppliers
- Preparation of contracts, including details regarding quantities of required materials
- Participation during planning sessions for future projects involving construction cost budget analysis
- 2-3 years of proven experience in basic cost analysis in a construction company.
- Demonstrates innovative approaches to problem-solving and an ability to negotiate across various levels
- Good working knowledge in MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use special software
- Possess attention to detail, and a practical, logical mind with a methodical approach to work.
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Microsoft / MS Excel
- Civil Engineering
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.