We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist who will be responsible for supporting Editorial and Users on proper computer operations to accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving User’s help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and work orders in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers. •
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Extensive application support experience
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Knowledge of a range of web diagnostic utilities.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and services
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and curiosity.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- IT and Software
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- 3/F, North Wing, Estancia Offices, Capitol Commons, Ortigas Center, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Newspapers / Journalism
- 1 opening