Cebuano | Visayan Writer
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 23 days ago
- Application deadline
- in 23 days
- Recruiter responds
- 98% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 19 hours ago
- Information Services
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Marikina-Infanta Hwy, Marikina, Metro Manila, Philippines
Educational Attainment: At least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Linguistics, Languages, Literature, Translation Studies, Philippine Studies, Journalism or other related courses is required. Those who have taken up a few subjects in translation (translation theories, Filipino translations, etc.) will have an advantage.
For division-specific applications, graduates of relevant degrees (e.g. a Computer Science degree for IT Division applicants and a Legal Management degree for Legal Division applicants) and/or those with relevant experiences in their chosen fields will be primarily considered. Applicants must choose at least two secondary fields, and must be willing to try and learn new things.
Languages: Applicants must be bilingual—highly fluent in English and a native speaker of Cebuano/Visayan
Knowledge in any other global and local languages will serve as an advantage.
- Computer/technology literacy
- Keen orientation to details and deadlines
- Writing, editing and proofreading
- Multitasking and time management
- Ability to balance speed and quality
- Oral and written communication
- Linguistic knowledge
Applicants must be adaptable to changes, can easily shift between being an independent worker and a team player, and can work under less to zero supervision
- Maintain or exceed a daily quota of words translated (from English to native language or vice versa) with the highest quality possible
- Perform “peer proofreading” and work collaboratively with fellow linguists when assigned or when the need arises
- Carry out random tasks aside from translation such as copy adaptation, content creation, audio transcription, voice recording and brand analysis among others (assignment of such tasks is based on a linguist’s skills set)
- Help identify strong and weak technical systems, and take part in methodical brainstorming for continuous improvements and corrective/preventive measures
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Performance Bonus
- Unlimited coffee and drinks
- Therapeutic massages in your seat while you work
- Buffet lunch out on your birthday
- Birthday leave and bonus leaves
- Play board games with workmates
- Or have a me-time in outdoor gazebo
All on company expense.
All these, while you get to work with clients like Google, Expedia, LinkedIn, Microsoft...and NASA.
In a world that gets even smaller and more interconnected, all kinds of products and services enter new markets every day, making it a fundamental challenge for producers and consumers to understand and be understood. Better communication means better access to more choices, thus better lives.
QwertyWorks believes that no machine can ever connect people better than human linguists who can capture original content, context and tone and convey it into the ever-evolving local language.
In 2001, we filled the need to help develop the industry of localization in the Philippines by establishing Touchbase, our team that specializes in Philippine languages. Years of Continuous Improvement enabled us to sustain the "Quality in Quantity” balance and pursue excellence in every project we handle.
Today, QwertyWorks is composed of both Touchbase and TeamGlocal—our international language department—allowing us to connect producers with consumers speaking over 60 languages in 75 country-markets around the globe.
Our track record spans diverse industries including Information Technology, Law, Health, Marketing/Advertising, and Entertainment having rendered not just translation but also quality assurance, transcription, subtitling, bug fixing, user acceptance testing, and market research.