Head of Regulatory and Government Affairs
- Makati, PhilippinesGF Allegro Center, 2284 Chino Roces Avenue, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
About the Role
We are seeking a highly-driven individual to join our team as Head of Regulatory and Government Affairs based in Makati City. As the first incumbent for this position, you are QuadX’s champion to the diverse and growing audience of policymakers, regulators/government agencies, researchers, key opinion leaders and the wider public. You are a key thought leader and conduit for QuadX’s public affairs and government relations in the Philippines.
You will drive QuadX’s policy development and regulatory approach to eCommerce with a particular focus on payments and digital logistics. You will work with business and product teams to explore, support and expand into new ventures. You will help to develop and refine propositions, paradigms, and practices to regulation as well as work to build support with key policy and research stakeholders. Moreover, you will lead the efforts in competition policy and work with partners in legal to develop sustainable positions on competition policy and engagement. You will also own the development of efforts to bring greater understanding of regulations within and outside QuadX.
What You’ll Do
Strategy Development. Define and implement policy and government relations strategy objectives of QuadX. This includes collaborating with business units to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy strategies, activities and goals.
Public Affairs. Represent QuadX in industry associations, government agencies, regulatory bodies and other industry organizations.
Drive research. Identify and pursue research opportunities for QuadX to address government challenges and concerns and build evidence-based data to support QuadX’s public policy positions.
Policy shaping and partnering. Proactively shape the regulatory and political landscape to support innovation in the digital technology, transport, payments, and e-commerce landscapes, working together with a wide-range of stakeholders. This includes identifying, assessing, and addressing regulatory challenges to business objectives by tackling relevant issues and championing mutually-beneficial and sustainable solutions.
Partnership building. Identify and develop relationships with key external partners, including creating feedback loops:
- Regular check-ins with key stakeholders to develop content and key exposures, measure pulse/sentiment, and identify areas where we can improve
- Organizing and managing events, roundtables, and user forums including education seminars
Drive company compliance. Oversee QuadX’s statutory compliance to ensure business operation adheres to applicable laws, audits, and regulations, including securing necessary permits and licenses.
What You’ll Need
- At least a Bachelor of Laws degree holder, an advanced degree (Master’s, PhD) in public policy, law, political science, or another relevant field is a plus!
- 5+ years of relevant public policy experience working within government, think tanks, public interest groups, technology industry groups, or corporations
- Excellent command of English and Filipino language
- Excellent communication skills -- including listening, oral, written, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Direct experience working on logistics, transport, payments, and e-commerce related policies and activities preferred, but not necessary
- Proven ability to work independently, and a get-work-done attitude necessary to thrive in a technology start-up world with ambiguity and a rapidly changing landscape
- Experience leading policy teams and initiatives at scale
- Regional (Southeast Asia) public policy experience is a definite bonus!
- Travel (Domestic & International) as needed in order to get things done
- A passion for QuadX’s mission!
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.