Accounting Officer | Retail
- Pasig, Philippines19th Floor, 19th Floor The JMT Corporate Condominium ADB Ave. Ortigas, Pasig City, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Responsible for the overall supervision of accounting department of the assigned company by implementing accounting systems in collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting accounting information in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitors and analyzes accounting data and produce financial reports or statements;
- Establishes and enforces proper accounting methods, policies and principles for both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables;
- Coordinates and completes annual audits;
- Provides recommendations in accounting management;
- Improves systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions;
- Meets financial accounting objectives; and
- Establishes and maintains fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions;
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data;
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts and defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy, applying observations and recommendations to operational issues;
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures;
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations; and
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Complies and submits all required documents/ reports.
- Complies with all pertinent Policies
- Performs other functions as may be directed by the Immediate Head.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, or equivalent
- Five (5) years of relevant experience
- CPA license holder is an advantage
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.