- Apply a combination of theoretical and applied knowledge to lead a team of Bioinformaticians in exploratory projects for the development of omics bioinformatics pipeline
- Provide high quality analysis and expert advice and judgements to the team by applying extensive experience and deep knowledge of Bioinformatics concepts, methods, and tools.
- Initiate and implement new ideas or new changes to current bioinformatics pipelines, systems, or tools.
- Support the innovation, science and technology required to deliver the Biome Index strategy.
- Create, develop, and improve automated genomic data analysis pipelines and the supporting infrastructure to operate at a large scale.
- Investigate and utilize third-party software tools and writing novel software to solve problems and implement new product features.
- Creative solutions for common bioinformatics problems to ensure better software and service.
- Participate in collaborative projects with a growing number of academic and commercial partners.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize workflows for NGS datasets.
- Collaborating with the CTO in the definition of the business strategy.
- Master or PhD in Bioinformatics or equivalent experience in a bioinformatics setting.
- Having more than 6 years of industrial and institutional research experience in WGS, GWAS, Omics data (metagenomics, metatranscriptomics), genome assembly construction, transcriptome/exome data analysis.
- Experience with Cloud computing (AWS, Google Cloud), Linux/UNIX, Python, PERL, R/Bioconductor packages and scripting.
- Specialties in microbiome, next generation sequencing, computational biology, computational genomics, statistical analysis, data visualization.
- Experience in comparative genomics, multi-omics analyses and data integration.
- Experience working with a variety of NGS data formats and NGS data manipulation tools.
- Comfortable with SQL databases and topics such as bulk data entry, query optimization, schema design and ORMs.
- Ability to contribute and provide guidance during all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Deep understanding in scientific theory and its execution, with open minded personality.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and problem-solver.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, well-organized and able to prioritize.
- Able to work with others, and willing to contribute to team.
- Attention to detail and an inquisitive nature.
- Knowledge of variant calling and annotation tools.
- Application of statistical methods to data analysis.
- Broad knowledge of related bioinformatics resources and databases
- Experience of working in an agile development environment.
- Experience in human variation analysis or an area with specific application to variant interpretation.
- Versatile with software development and genomic data analysis.
- Good problem-solving ability while ensuring timely completion all project deadlines while developing efficient and faster techniques for data analysis.
- Data Analysis
Nusantics is a genomics application company founded in 2019 with the ever growing belief in the importance of Microbiome balance in life. We are focused in providing sustainable solutions through science and nature. We aspire to make microbiome and the importance of balanced living as a part of our lifestyle. We believe that sustainability is more than just recycling and recovery. Sustainability should start in our mind as consumers; to be conscious of everything that we do and consume.