- Manila, PhilippinesPrimer Star Center, 2282 Leon Guinto Street, Malate, Manila 1004 Philippines, Manila, Metro Manila, PhilippinesManilaMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The Merchandising Manager maintains a continuous and evolving merchandise program for brands for distribution and at the same time maintains an effective and efficient merchandising policy and procedure to sustain a realistic but apt timetable for store distribution and acting pro actively to hasten merchandise movement and achieve the sales objectives.
- Manages the operations merchandising department.
- Maintains and establish communications, negotiates and evaluates brand viability and draws up business plan if needed.
- Attends trade exhibits and meetings with principals.
- Sets the general strategies, sales targets and purchase budgets for the Annual Business Plan and guides the Merchandisers in drafting the detailed plans for the key brands.
- Initiates staff meeting with Merchandising Team to address concerns, communicate expectations, formulate strategies and assess the progress and timeliness of ongoing programs.
- Monitors inventory levels and undertake appropriate measures to ensure that inventory coverage is within mandated levels.
- Analyzes current market trends; market demands; competitor's product and pricing schemes; and consumer behavior through reports submitted by Merchandisers and market visit.
- Approves all Purchase Orders ensuring that purchases fall within the set budgets and styles ordered and their prices are suitable for the local market.
- Approves Price List prepared by Merchandisers ensuring that GM goals are met.
- Recommends and coordinates with marketing department on possible marketing activities for various brands.
- Recommend and coordinates with operations department regarding possible distribution channels for brands.
- Trains new merchandisers/associate merchandisers and evaluates their performance.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Economics, Math, Engineering or any related course
- At least 5 years experience in Merchandising. Experience in Multi brand Retail is an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, experience in Demand Planning / Inventory Management systems is an advantage
B. Training / Skills Requirement
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas into easily understandable business terms and ability to influence all levels of management including senior roles
- Excellent analytical skills puts you top of the class and you love to work with numbers and figures
- A track record of creating positive business impact through actioning analysis
- Expert in handling large amounts of data and translating it to business insights
- Confidence in suggesting calculated risks
- Strategic thinking to contribute to short-term and long-term business strategies
- Comfortable with fast paced change and can motivate a team towards new directions
- Organizes and workload efficiently, ensuring deliverables accurate and on time
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Employee Discounts
- Transportation Allowances
- Gym Membership
- Performance Bonus
- Strategic Planning
- Communication Skills
- Data Interpretation
- Applied Economics
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Sales and Marketing
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Primer Star Center, 2282 Leon Guinto Street, Malate, Manila 1004 Philippines, Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Retail Industry
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.