Internal Audit Manager
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 2 months ago
- Application deadline
- in a month
- Recruiter responds
- 95% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 3 hours ago
- Retail Industry
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Primer Star Center, 2282 Leon Guinto Street, Malate, Manila 1004 Philippines, Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Preferably CIA and/or CISA.
- More than 5 years of experience in Accounting, Audit and FS analysis and preparation.
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership role/people management
- Preferably with experience working in audit and accounting firms.
- Training/Skills Requirement
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and government regulatory requirements
- Has strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong background and experience on audit methodologies and techniques including big data analytics
- Advance knowledge in formulating financial analysis
- Technology savvy and critical thinker
- Knowledge in wide variety of industries such as retail, industrial, new ventures, shared services, etc
- Advanced in risk assessment/management and process improvement
- Advanced in verbal and written communication skills
- Has high sense of urgency and can keep confidential data/information
The Internal Audit and Compliance Manager is responsible for the management of periodic reviews and audits of existing systems, operational processes and information/data of the assigned business unit.
He/she manages the team to achieve process improvements, integrity in the financial statements, and effective preservation of company assets that results to maximized revenues, cost saving and profits. He/she will be reporting to the IA&C AVP.
- Leads the development and implementation of corrective actions plans to resolve such findings conducted by regulatory agencies.
- Manages the investigative procedures and other procedures prescribed under company policies in handling employee violations of laws, rules, regulations and company standards.
- Leads audit activities and detects fraudulent transactions/activities/reporting within the organization
- Presents to management any related risk issues of the assigned business unit that may impact the organization including recommendations to address such risks.
- Presents audit reports for the review of the management and BOD.
- Manages the progress in the established IA&C plans that are aligned to KRAs of Strategic Business Units (SBU) and Partners (SBP).
- Leads in the updating of IA&C related and applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Presents reports to the management to determine the status of IA&C plans, overall progress in implementing approved recommendations, and identified areas of non-compliance.
- Manages strict adherence to approved audit programs and time budgets.
- Reviews guidelines and standards for financial, operations and management audit activities.
- Manages compliance with Company Policies and with relevant best practices standards.
- Provides recommendations and improvements of the Audit Framework for the Primer Group.
- Manages the implementation of IA&C plans to ensure quality and continuous improvement in the Primer Group’s internal control processes.
- Provides direction with external auditors during year-end financial assurance and operations review and provides assistance in the disclosure of the internal audit works.
- Presents results of findings and related financial impact to the assigned business unit to agree on corrective action steps.
- Provides improvements and recommendations of management controls within an Information Technology Infrastructure.
- Reviews the compliance of the system if it is able to safeguard asset; maintain data integrity; ensure accessibility security matrix; confidentiality; availability; and operating effectively to achieve organization’s goals/objectives.
V.Operational (Stores, Warehouse, SBU, SBP, Financial)
- Reviews and recommends annual audit plan for the assigned units such as Store Operations and Inventory Count, Warehouse Inventory Count, Finance & Accounting Operations Audit, and all other policies and procedures covered & updated in Primer Group’s Policy Portal.
- Manages timely and effective implementation of the standard auditing policies and procedures covering the scope of audits for the concerned business units.
- Manages the execution of the annual audit plans for store operations, warehouse inventory count and other departments/business units in scope.
VI.Management of Team Performance
- Conducts regular performance coaching and mentoring to IA&C supervisors and team members.
- Reviews and approves developmental plans of the whole IA&C supervisors and team members.
- Manages regular performance metrics such as monitoring of daily IA&C transactions and compliance to service level agreements.
- Ensures compliance and implementation of the code of discipline and procedures to the whole IA&C supervisors and team members.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Employee Discounts
- Performance Bonus