Internal Audit and Compliance Supervisor
- Manila, PhilippinesPrimer Star Center, 2282 Leon Guinto Street, Manila, Metro Manila, PhilippinesManilaMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
A. Job Summary
The Internal Audit and Compliance Supervisor is responsible for the effective supervision of periodic reviews and audits of existing systems, operational processes and information/data of the assigned business unit.
He/she supervises the team to achieve process improvements, integrity in the financial statements, and effective preservation of company assets that results to maximized revenues, cost saving and profits. He/she will be reporting to the IA&C Manager.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the collection of findings of any examinations conducted by regulatory agencies and in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to resolve such findings.
- Works with management in handling employee violations of laws, rules, regulations and company standards by supervising investigative procedures and other procedures prescribed under company policies.
- Supervises the audit activities and detects fraudulent transactions/activities/reporting within the organization
- Addresses risk issues of the assigned business unit that may impact the organization.
- Checks audit reports and documentation that are completed and reviewed prior to submission to BOD.
- Supervises the monitoring of progress in the established IA&C plans that are aligned to KRAs of Strategic Business Units (SBU) and Partners (SBP).
- Provides updates of IA&C related and applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Consolidates reports for the management to determine the status of IA&C plans, overall progress in implementing approved recommendations, and identified areas of non-compliance.
- Monitors strict adherence to approved audit programs and time budgets.
- Creates guidelines and standards for financial, operations and management audit activities.
- Supervises compliance with Company Policies and with relevant best practices standards.
- Provides input in improving Audit Framework for the Primer Group.
- Supervises the implementation of IA&C plans to ensure quality and continuous improvement in the Primer Group’s internal control processes.
- Partners with external auditors during year-end financial assurance and operations review and provides assistance in the disclosure of the internal audit works.
- Consolidates financial analysis reports to the assigned business unit.
- Examines the management controls within an Information Technology Infrastructure.
- Checks and audits the compliance of the system if it is able to safeguard asset; maintain data integrity; ensure accessibility security matrix; confidentiality; availability; and operating effectively to achieve organization’s goals/objectives.
Operational (Stores, Warehouse, SBU, SBP, Financial)
- Prepare annual audit plan for the assigned units such as Store Operations and Inventory Count, Warehouse Inventory Count, Finance & Accounting Operations Audit, and all other policies and procedures covered & updated in Primer Group’s Policy Portal.
- Supervises the audit of cash, fixed assets and inventory of concessions, consignments, freestanding stores and warehouses of the Primer Group of Companies.
- Implements the standard auditing policies and procedures covering the scope of audits in the stores.
- Supervises the execution of the annual audit plans for the store operations and warehouse inventory count.
Supervision of Team Performance
- Conducts regular performance coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Recommends and identifies developmental plans of the team members necessary for their skills improvement and career growth.
- Responsible for regular performance management such as monitoring of daily audit transactions and compliance to service level agreements.
- Ensures compliance and implementation of the code of discipline and procedures to team members.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Preferably CIA and/or CISA.
- With at least 5 year of experience in Accounting, Audit and FS analysis and preparation.
- Preferably with experience working in audit and accounting firms
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and government regulatory requirements
- Has strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience on advance audit methodologies and techniques including big data analytics
- Knowledgeable in formulating financial analysis
- Technology savvy and critical thinker
- Knowledge in wide variety of industries such as retail, industrial, new ventures, shared services, etc
- Advanced in risk assessment/management and process improvement
- Advanced in verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Employee Discounts
- Gym Membership
- Performance Bonus
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accountancy [Internal Audit]
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Primer Star Center, 2282 Leon Guinto Street, Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Retail Industry
- 3 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.