Internal Audit and Compliance Supervisor
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 22 days ago
- Application deadline
- in a month
- Recruiter responds
- 100% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 2 hours ago
- Retail Industry
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Primer Star Center, 2282 Leon Guinto Street, Malate, Manila 1004 Philippines, Manila, Philippines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Preferably CIA and/or CISA.
- With at least 5 year of experience in Accounting, Audit and FS analysis and preparation.
- Preferably with experience working in audit and accounting firms
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and government regulatory requirements
- Has strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience on advance audit methodologies and techniques including big data analytics
- Knowledgeable in formulating financial analysis
- Technology savvy and critical thinker
- Knowledge in wide variety of industries such as retail, industrial, new ventures, shared services, etc
- Advanced in risk assessment/management and process improvement
- Advanced in verbal and written communication skills
A. Job Summary
The Internal Audit and Compliance Supervisor is responsible for the effective supervision of periodic reviews and audits of existing systems, operational processes and information/data of the assigned business unit.
He/she supervises the team to achieve process improvements, integrity in the financial statements, and effective preservation of company assets that results to maximized revenues, cost saving and profits. He/she will be reporting to the IA&C Manager.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the collection of findings of any examinations conducted by regulatory agencies and in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to resolve such findings.
- Works with management in handling employee violations of laws, rules, regulations and company standards by supervising investigative procedures and other procedures prescribed under company policies.
- Supervises the audit activities and detects fraudulent transactions/activities/reporting within the organization
- Addresses risk issues of the assigned business unit that may impact the organization.
- Checks audit reports and documentation that are completed and reviewed prior to submission to BOD.
- Supervises the monitoring of progress in the established IA&C plans that are aligned to KRAs of Strategic Business Units (SBU) and Partners (SBP).
- Provides updates of IA&C related and applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Consolidates reports for the management to determine the status of IA&C plans, overall progress in implementing approved recommendations, and identified areas of non-compliance.
- Monitors strict adherence to approved audit programs and time budgets.
- Creates guidelines and standards for financial, operations and management audit activities.
- Supervises compliance with Company Policies and with relevant best practices standards.
- Provides input in improving Audit Framework for the Primer Group.
- Supervises the implementation of IA&C plans to ensure quality and continuous improvement in the Primer Group’s internal control processes.
- Partners with external auditors during year-end financial assurance and operations review and provides assistance in the disclosure of the internal audit works.
- Consolidates financial analysis reports to the assigned business unit.
- Examines the management controls within an Information Technology Infrastructure.
- Checks and audits the compliance of the system if it is able to safeguard asset; maintain data integrity; ensure accessibility security matrix; confidentiality; availability; and operating effectively to achieve organization’s goals/objectives.
Operational (Stores, Warehouse, SBU, SBP, Financial)
- Prepare annual audit plan for the assigned units such as Store Operations and Inventory Count, Warehouse Inventory Count, Finance & Accounting Operations Audit, and all other policies and procedures covered & updated in Primer Group’s Policy Portal.
- Supervises the audit of cash, fixed assets and inventory of concessions, consignments, freestanding stores and warehouses of the Primer Group of Companies.
- Implements the standard auditing policies and procedures covering the scope of audits in the stores.
- Supervises the execution of the annual audit plans for the store operations and warehouse inventory count.
Supervision of Team Performance
- Conducts regular performance coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Recommends and identifies developmental plans of the team members necessary for their skills improvement and career growth.
- Responsible for regular performance management such as monitoring of daily audit transactions and compliance to service level agreements.
- Ensures compliance and implementation of the code of discipline and procedures to team members.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned from time to time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Employee Discounts
- Performance Bonus