Internal Audit and Compliance Associate
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 14 days ago
- Application deadline
- in a month
- Recruiter responds
- 64% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- a few seconds ago
- Retail Industry
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Primer Star Center, 2282 Leon Guinto Street, Malate, Manila 1004 Philippines, Manila, Philippines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Preferably CIA and/or CISA.
- With at least 1-year of experience in Accounting, Audit and FS analysis and preparation.
- Preferably with experience working in an audit firm.
- Working knowledge in government regulatory requirements and big data analytics.
- Knowledgeable in formulating financial analysis.
- Technology savvy and critical thinker.
- Knowledge in wide variety of industries such as retail, industrial, new ventures, shared services, etc.
- Proficient in risk assessment/management and process improvement.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills.
A. Job Summary
The Internal Audit and Compliance Junior/Senior Associate is responsible for the independent and objective periodic reviews and audits of existing systems, operational processes and safeguards information/data of the assigned business unit.
Aims to achieve process improvements, integrity in the financial statements, and effective preservation of company assets that results to maximized revenues, cost saving and profits. Will be reporting to the IA&C Supervisor
B. Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the collection of findings of any examinations conducted by regulatory agencies and in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to resolve such findings.
- Coordinates and assists management in handling employee violations of laws, rules, regulations and company standards by assisting investigative procedures and other procedures prescribed under company policies.
- Audits and detects fraudulent transactions, activities, reporting within the organization
- Coordinates with assigned business unit in addressing risk issues that may impact the organization.
- Collects data needed in creating audit reports and documentation that are completed and complied prior with submission to BOD.
- Monitors progress in the established IA&C plans that are aligned to KRAs of Strategic Business Units (SBU) and Partners (SBP).
- Assists in the updates of IA&C related and applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Creates and drafts reports for the management to determine the status of IA&C plans, overall progress in implementing approved recommendations, and identified areas of non-compliance.
- Ensures high standard and strict adherence to approved audit programs and time budgets.
- Assists in drafting policies to be used in creating guidelines and standards for financial, operations and management audit activities.
- Ensures compliance with Company Policies and with relevant best practices standards.
- Complies with the control based Audit Framework for the Primer Group.
- Assists in the implementation of IA&C plans to ensure quality and continuous improvement in the Primer Group’s internal control processes.
- Coordinates with external auditors during year-end financial assurance and operations review and provides assistance in the disclosure of the internal audit works.
- Performs simple financial analysis to the assigned business unit.
- Assists in the examination of the management controls within an Information Technology Infrastructure.
- Assists in the checking of the compliance of the system if it is able to safeguard asset; maintain data integrity; ensure accessibility security matrix; confidentiality; availability; and operating effectively to achieve organization’s goals/objectives.
Operational (Stores, Warehouse, SBU, SBP, Financial)
- Assists and collects data needed in creating an annual audit plan for the assigned units such as Store Operations and Inventory Count, Warehouse Inventory Count, Finance & Accounting Operations Audit, and all other policies and procedures covered & updated in Primer Group’s Policy Portal.
- Performs audit of cash, fixed assets and inventory of concessions, consignments, freestanding stores and warehouses of the Primer Group of Companies.
- Assists in the implementation of standard auditing policies and procedures covering the scope of audits in the stores.
- Executes and complies with the annual audit plans for the store operations and warehouse inventory count.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Employee Discounts
- Performance Bonus