AVP for Corporate Affairs
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 4 months ago
- Application deadline
- in a month
- Recruiter responds
- 57% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 4 hours ago
- Retail Industry
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Primer Star Center, 2282 Leon Guinto Street, Malate, Manila 1004 Philippines, Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- Preferably with five (8) years or more experience in Corporate Communication, two (3) years of which were spent in a Leadership/Senior Management Role
- Proven track record of delivering high quality Corporate Communications in a comparable organisation, contributing to an excellent reputation for that organisation as a leader in its sector.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Exceptional relationship-building, customer service, problem-solving and communication skills
- Proficient in using MS office suite of applications
- Effective People Management Skills
- Strong project management skills and performance measurement skills
- Solid business acumen, management and problem-solving skills
The Assistant Vice President for Corporate Affairs directs, leads and develops Primer’s global internal and external communications strategies, enhances the Company’s Public Confidence, Public Relations, Regulatory Affairs, the One Primer Portal and our overall Corporate Social Responsibility under the C.O.R.E. program.
- Strategies and Direction
2. Embed the developed corporate brand of the Primer Group of Companies into all communications and operational activities externally and internally.
3. Develop strategic relationships with the media partners and other key stakeholders.
4. Represent the Company locally and internationally on strategic communications issues, forums and other suitable events/occasions.
5. Manage units across communications disciplines; development of appropriate plans with such units.
6. Ensure provision of effective and efficient service to the internal stakeholders and external media.
7. Engage with and act as strategic advisor to SBU Heads and up on all corporate communications concerns.
8. Serve as communications counsellor to leadership and key personnel team to ensure they will serve as Primer’s Company Ambassadors
- Collaboration and Media Communication
10. Provide necessary communication plans for any change management initiatives.
11. Overall Crisis Management that could impact the company’s reputation or perception. Creates a communication plan, ensures efficient implementation and crisis recovery/reputation management
12. Conduct media communication training to selectedExecutives/Managers in partnership with external service provider.
13. Adopt and put the Primer core values to work each day. (Entrepreneurial Spirit, Passion for Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, and Self-Discipline)
14. Partners with various media platforms like e-media, print media and moving image in promoting Primer
15. Perform other relevant duties/works which may be assigned by the immediate leader from time to time.
16. Ensures compliance with all of the regulations and laws pertaining to the business.
17. Monitor activities within the government that could affect the organization.
18. Research policies to see what changes could be advantageous and which trends might negatively impact the company in the future.
- Team Development/Management
20. Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
21. Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis
22. Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Child Care Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Employee Discounts
- Performance Bonus