Design and Construction Head
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 4 months ago
- Application deadline
- in a month
- Recruiter responds
- 49% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 2 days ago
- Retail Industry
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Primer Star Center, 2282 Leon Guinto Street, Malate, Manila 1004 Philippines, Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Graduate of Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline or an equivalent technical degree.
Minimum of 10 years of experience in Project / Construction Management, Experience must be related to Preconstruction activities including estimating and procurement.
Must possess corresponding professional license
Exposure to Retail, Mall and Commercial industries are required
Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
Must display creativity and innovation by continually working to improve solutions, tools, methods
Excellent time and project management skills
The Design & Construction Head must demonstrate sound business sense, technical knowledge, strong leadership, organizational ability, time management, communication skill and professional client service technique. The Design & Construction Head will be responsible for an effective and accurate directing for all activities related to construction and maintenance of all the retail stores and building construction projects of Primer Group. He/She will work closely with the Managing Director and Design & Construction Committee to meet overall strategic objectives of the company.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and training to the team. Responsible for the developing, refining and executing strategy for profitable business growth through firm-wide leadership and management.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion. Achieve on-time completion of projects that are consistent with quality standards and management of construction budget agreed with SBU/Ps. Manages all project communication including status and progress reporting and executive reporting and presentations. Ensure smooth project closeout and transition to normal operations.
- Oversee all retail and building constructions of Primer Group. Approves project specifications and plans to determine appropriate construction methods. Oversees all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations, as well as worker productivity. Interacts with governmental branches and regulatory agencies as required to ensure that projects comply with all applicable legal requirements and regulations.
- Oversee the vendor selection and performance management process for consultants, contractors, and other outside vendors. Maintain a pool of qualified vendors that can adequately deliver the SBU/Ps target.
- Provide positive safety leadership to the project. Develop streamlined processes for managing project cost, schedule, quality, risk, and communications and ensures compliance to such.
- Confer with clients, supervisory personnel, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems. Identify and evaluate alternative solutions to best meet project goals.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Child Care Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Employee Discounts
- Performance Bonus