The Junior Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software, and related infrastructure. He/she will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and partners.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Maintain physical servers and storage (HP and EMC)
- Install and maintain Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012, 2016) backup, restore and recovery
- Responsible for the creation, installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux servers.
- Configure virtualization system technologies, specifically VMware VSphere and VCenter (HA and VMotion)
- Maintain Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Responsible for the maintenance and renewal of Company's domain name registrations, hosting accounts, etc.
- Responsible in diagnosing server problems and employ preventive measures to maintain high availability servers
- Provides technical expertise for IT system, design, implementation, optimization and upgrade
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Participate in on-call rotation and provide after office hours support as needed
Skills and Competencies:
- Has in-depth knowledge of virtualization system technologies, specifically VMware VSphere and VCenter (HA and VMotion)
- Has experience in working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Is knowledgeable in Windows Server Administration (2003, 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Linux Server (Ubuntu/Debian, CentOS, Red Hat, Oracle Linux)
- Servers (HP, AWS Cloud)
- Storage (HP, EMC)
- Knows email administration (Googlemail, Office365)
- Possesses knowledge on Backup Software (Netvault, Symantec)
- Is well-versed in database knowledge (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence in programming languages (PHP, Java)
- Knowledgeable in basic networking, programming, scripting with the capability to create systems from scratch
- Has experience in automated deployment technologies and configuration management system will be a great advantage
In your work, you exude the following Core Functional Competencies:
- Analytic Skills
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
You exhibit the following desired traits:
- Above average interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics/Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related course
- At least 1 year working experience in System Administration with an indepth knowledge in Linux and Windows administration and has an experience in server management.
- Must be willing to work in a shifting schedule, during weekends and holidays.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.