System Administrator Assistant
- Pasig, Philippines
- Full time
Reported to the ICT System Developer/Administrator. Responsible for the system administration task, such as server monitoring, hardware troubleshooting, data network and communication connectivity assessment, attending to server, network and workstation problems
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform weekly and monthly server backups, and monitor automated server to workstation sync.
- Monitor server stability, checking system logs and service status. Update necessary service configurations and frequently checks system’s security.
- Maintain server and workstation hardware and peripherals.
- Monitor wired and wireless network security and stability.
- Monitor internet activity using the Unified Threat Management, updates website blacklist if necessary and report major security incidents.
- Monitor local and hosted mail server.
- Organize shared resources of the Files Servers, monitor storage allocation for all network users. Checking of data sync between Workstations and File Servers.
- Maintain multifunction network printers and generate monthly consumption report.
- Generate monthly PABX accounting report.
- Graphic Designs and Layouting.
- Develop administration scripts to enhance automation of various administration task.
- Coordinate/Report to any thirdparty services provider (Telecoms, ISP, PABX) in case of any related problem occurs, such as Internet connection outage, PABX system breakdown.
- Perform basic ERP3 server administration, monitoring the availability and stability of the machine.
- Willing to travel
- Local Area Data and Communication network stability.
- Server and workstation’s operations and security.
- Security of backup media.
- Access control of shared resources.
- Bachelor Degree holder or Information Technology related vocational course
- Basic knowledge in Linux Operating System Administration, at least one (1) year experience in Networking & Hardware troubleshooting.
- With good interpersonal skills. Well versed in oral and written communications.
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.