- Makati, Philippines6th Floor, OPL Building, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Course Hero is scaling!
Are you looking to leverage your subject matter expertise to help students learn? Course Hero is looking for an Accounting item writer who will author high-quality solutions to questions. Our ideal candidate will have strong expertise ranging from managerial and cost accounting to financial accounting. Candidates must be self-starters with a passion for teaching, an outstanding work ethic, and a positive attitude.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn moreabout us to see what it is like to work with our team.
- Post-secondary degree in accounting, Masters and/or CPA strongly preferred
- Currently or formerly a college-level educator a plus
- Strong written communication skills, especially when it comes to writing explanations for how to solve difficult problems
- 1 year+ of experience as a lecturer, teaching assistant, or tutor in accounting
- Strong understanding and mastery of all introductory and most intermediate fields of accounting
- Demonstrated ability to explain and communicate difficult concepts to students struggling with the material
- Knowledge of educational best practices and teaching strategies
- Experience with LaTeX, KaTeX, and HTML
- Be tech savvy and comfortable with Chrome and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail) are a must
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.