- Makati, Philippines6th Floor, OPL Building, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Animators use a range of techniques to make images appear to move, and most specialize in one of the following:
- 2D Drawn Animation
- 2D Computer Animation
- Stop-Frame or Stop Motion Animation
- 3D Computer Generated (CG) Animation
2D drawn animation consists of a series of images which the animator draws on special paper. Each image represents one stage of a movement, for example, of a character walking or smiling.
Traditionally, the images are trace onto film and then colored. The scenery is then added by layering sheets of film. Increasingly, however, the images are scanned into a computer using specialist software. When viewed at speed and in sequence, the images appear to move.
In 2D computer animation, the animator works with a specialist software package which is used to create and animate characters and add scenery and a soundtrack.
Stop Frame or Stop Motion Animation uses models, puppets or other 3D objects. The model is photographed, then moved a fraction by the animator and photographed again. When the photographs (or frames) are played at normal speed, the images appear to move.
3D CG Animation uses special software to create animations. This technique is often used in feature films and computer games.
- Be a college graduate with a degree in Animation or equivalent
- Must posses his own demo reel and portfolio
- Be creative and artistic
- Have drawing skills (sculpting skills for stop frame animation is a plus)
- Have excellent IT skills
- Be interested in art and design
- Enjoy computer technology
- Be able to work under minimum supervision since most of our target clients are outside the Philippines
- Be able to work with speed and quality
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.