Mobile Developer (Android)
- Makati, Philippines6th Floor, OPL Building, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
As a Mobile Developer, you will be working alongside our Chief Technology Officer and our Product Development Team to ensure the quality and performance of our mobile application.
What you will do
- Provide support in developing the mobile application for the Android platform using Kotlin
- Maintain feature parity with the iOS application
- Collaborate with our Product Development Team to define and develop new features from concept to delivery
- Handle software updates and bug fixes
- Maintain organized files of projects, drafts, files, codes, and scripts that allows team members to make edits, suggestions, and changes
- Continue learning new programming languages, operating system updates, and other information that will affect functions of the app
- At least 2 to 3 years of software development experience
- At least 1 to 2 years of Android SDK development experience in Java or Kotlin
- Knowledge of different Android versions and how to deal with different screen sizes, densities, hardware capabilities, and more
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience building complex layouts including the use of ConstraintLayout
- Experience with modern Android architectures and AndroidX libraries such as the Navigation Component, Fragments, Lifecycle, ViewModels, LiveData
- Proficient understanding of source control in Git and use of Git Flow
- Knowledge of the Android ecosystem and third-party libraries such as AppCompat, Retrofit, GSON, and Picasso
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Work ethic and integrity aligned with international standards
It would be cool if you...
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any technical field
- Have published one or more Android apps in the Google Play Store
- Have worked in a team with multiple developers, designers, and QA
- Have experience with web technologies as well as mobile
- Have any previous experience working on iOS
- Create several lists on Lemi before your interview!
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.