- Makati, Philippines6th Floor, OPL Building, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Are You Passionate About Product Design?
The Products You Design Will Be Used by Thousands of our Customers to Sell More Products and Make More Money
LevelUp is on the hunt for a passionate Business Analyst who wants to be given creative freedom to create awesome products to be added to our steadily growing suite of tools.
You’ll be working alongside one of the top WordPress development teams in the business and will join us in our mission to create the market leading product suite for businesses that want to create conversion focused web sites.
Your work is critical to our success as a company. We are passionate about not only providing the tools, but also the training, so that we can create the best software in the market.
What Does The Business Analyst Role Entail?
As a Business Analyst, you will be the key link between the business requirements of our customers and the technical development team.
You are the person that strives to understand the non technical benefits that we are trying to deliver for our customers and translate them into a detailed technical specification that our developers can follow. You will also be the first point of contact with our developers in order to answer any questions they have about features they are working on.
Here’s are some of the things that you’ll be doing:
- Understand Business Requirements. You’ll need to get into the heads of our customers in order to fully understand the problems that each piece of software is trying to solve.
Build Wireframes. You’ll use your ideas and creativity to build interactive wireframes of the software so the team can fully visualise the end result before the developers get to work.
Create Developer Specifications. You’ll be responsible for creating very detailed, unambiguous, requirements documents for the developers.
First Point of Contact for Developers. You’ll be the first person that our developers come to when they have questions about what/how the software should be built.
- 2-3 years of previous experience as Business Analyst
Skills that you must have:
- Fluent English written communication with excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar
- The ability to speak to both non-technical and technical stakeholders so that you are not only able to fully understand the business requirements but you also have enough technical expertise to communicate effectively with our development team.
- Autonomy - you will not be micro-managed, instead you will be in charge of your own time and will be able to work on your projects independently.
- Organisation and planning such that documentation can be completed so that we can release new products to schedule.
- Attention to detail - when it comes to technical specifications, the devil really is in the detail. You will need to have great attention to detail and ensure that all edge cases are covered in the document.
- The ability to learn new pieces of software and functionality quickly without the need for a lot of handholding and instruction.
- A thorough understanding of WordPress, how it works, and the various components that a user would need to know in order to create a business website.
- The ability to create wireframes and mockups - you will be required to create interactive wireframes and mockups to support the product specifications document.
If this still seems like it’s a good fit for you then allow me to take a few minutes to tell you what we can offer in return:
- Freedom to get on with the job. We're not some giant company with dozens of people between you and the end result. You'll be part of a small team that's trusted to get on and deliver.
- A place in a fast moving software company with big ambitions and an exciting future ahead.
- Training and instruction where required so you’re not just thrown in at the deep end without any support.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.