Role: The Video Editor will be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that's suitable for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the post-production process and your skills can determine the quality and delivery of the final product. You'll usually work closely with the director and/or client to achieve the desired end result.
What you'll be doing:
Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronising and storing them into files on the computer
Digitally cutting files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what's usable
Creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages
Re-ordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
Handling video equipment with proper care and ensuring it’s all organized.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
- Took up Multimedia Arts in college or anything similar
- Knowlegeable in Videography and Motion Graphics experience is highly preferred
- Familiar with Adobe softwares. Premiere Pro mastery is a huge plus!
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind
- Creativity and a passionate interest in film and video editing
- Organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Perks and Benefits
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Transportation Allowances
- Gym Membership
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.