- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- a month ago
- Application deadline
- in 2 months
- Recruiter responds
- 61% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 10 hours ago
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- 7/F W Global Centre, Taguig, Philippines
- Construct, develop, code, debug and maintain mobile applications
- Conform to defined software design methodologies for the development and implementation of mobile applications
- Participate in change analysis and code reviews
- Produce code based on low level design documentation and existing coding standards and recommended practices
- Apply rigorous testing methodologies and use cases to analyze and verify software programs, algorithms, data transformation, forms, reports and interfaces
- Timely communication of issues and status information to Project Manager concerning system development activities
- Generate application test data as necessary and validate any data conversion requirements for final implementation and production rollout
- Participate in project status review meetings with Project Manager
- Working closely with the Project Manager to ensure stated business objectives are met
- Delivering on the activities required to produce code modules and unit tested code
- Experience in the android mobile application development life cycle
- Experience in using Java and XHTML on the Android SDK
- Competent in MySQL
- Competent with the Linux Command Line
- Experience in Social Networking APIs
- Object-oriented programming experience
- Test Driven Development – Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Ability to accurately scope man-hours needed for each task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Contribution to the team’s general knowledge of best practices for development and usability.
- Documentation of development work done
- Openness to working with a team for a common goal, and learning new things
- Basic business writing – letters, email, meeting notes, and summaries
PAWNHERO IS AN EQUAL- OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND THUS DO NOT DISCRIMINATE IN CHOOSING CANDIDATES. WE, HOWEVER ALSO BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE PART OF OUR ORGANIZATION SHARE THE SAME PASSION FOR OUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES AS A COMPANY.
WE WOULD LIKE TO EMPHASIZE THAT WE WILL PRIORITIZE APPLICATIONS OF THOSE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO ANSWER OUR CUSTOM QUESTIONS.
HELP US KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF OUR COMPANY.
We are looking for talented Android developers to join our growing team and work on very exciting venture backed Fintech startup.
As the Android developer, you are tasked to build the PawnHero mobile application on the Android Platform. You will work closely with the Design team to make effective and usable user interfaces and the Development team to translate functions from our web application to mobile. You must be knowledgeable of the latest trends in android development, and must be good in adapting to new technologies.
You must be diligent in analyzing the requirements given by the project manager for application development and are able to recommend and code the features. You must be able to adequately scope the tasks and estimate time to accomplish them. You will be part of a team and you are expected to cooperate and communicate fully with them to accomplish the team goals.
You graduated in a Computer Science or related degree and have an experience in software development.
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Transportation Allowances
While the above are important to be able to do the role, we also place a high importance on getting the right people to be a part of our company and look to acquire talent that will play a long-term role in our continuing success. Some key personal skills / attributes that we look for are:
- Literate – Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Likeable – We are still a small focused team, you must be a good team player
- Approachable – You may work with more junior resources who will be looking to learn from you, as well as you learning from others
- Driven – You will bring the same approach to your work and to your career, always striving to improve and be the best that you can
- Pragmatic – You will be able to prioritize and ensure that you meet the key goals
- Positive – You have a can-do attitude and are always able to work with those around you to solve problems
- Empathetic – You have an understanding of others and are able to adapt your style to achieve the best from your interactions
- Passionate – You are dedicated and single minded when pursuing a goal, you work in a discipline that you love
- Long hours - You understand that building something from scratch requires a lot of hard work and sometimes extra hours which come in hand with free food and drinks ;)