Jr. Quality Assurance Engineer
- 2 openings
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- a month ago
- Application deadline
- in 4 months
- Recruiter responds
- 96% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 3 hours ago
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- W Global Center, 9th Ave.cor. 30th St. Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines
- Debug and maintain web site applications
- Conform to defined software design methodologies for the development and implementation of Internet based application to support all aspects of web site functionalities
- Participate in change analysis and code reviews
- Produce code based on low level design documentation and existing coding standards and recommended practices
- Apply rigorous testing methodologies and use cases to analyze and verify software programs, algorithms, data transformation, forms, reports and interfaces
- Timely communication of issues and status information to Team Lead concerning system development activities
- Generate application test data as necessary and validate any data conversion requirements for final implementation and production rollout
- Participate in project status review meetings with Team Lead
- Working closely with the project manager and senior staff to ensure stated business objectives are met
- Delivering on the activities required to produce code modules and unit tested code
- Experienced in the PHP Frameworks Yii and CodeIgniter
- Experienced in the extJS framework for front-end development
- Competent with MySQL
- Competent with the Linux command line
- MVC design patterns/frameworks experience
- Experienced throughout the software development cycle including solution design, development, testing and deployment
- Experience in social networking APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc) is a plus
- PHP design/coding/testing in Open Source environment building medium to large scale distributed web sites
- Experienced working in a formal software development environment
- Experienced in Object Oriented Programming
- LAMP Stack
- Test Driven Development and Agile/Scrum methodology
- Proficiency in QA Engineering tools – Selenium, Jmeter, Simpletest, Firebug, Web Developer Tools, Behat
- Proficiency in testing for Mobile is a must
- Create testing scenarios exercising the different parts of our platform executing it by code or by hand
- At least one year experience doing QA work for websites and / or software
- Ability to accurate scope man-hours needed for each task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Contribution to the team's general knowledge of best practices for design and usability.
- With code documentation skills
- Must be very attentive to process and details
- Openness to working with a team for a common goal and learning new things.
- Assists in defining software architectures – Collaborates with leads to explore existing systems, determines areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation, learns the applications capabilities
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies
- Basic business writing - letters, email messages, meeting notes, and summaries
PAWNHERO IS AN EQUAL- OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND THUS DO NOT DISCRIMINATE IN CHOOSING CANDIDATES. WE, HOWEVER ALSO BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE PART OF OUR ORGANIZATION SHARE THE SAME PASSION FOR OUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES AS A COMPANY.
WE WOULD LIKE TO EMPHASIZE THAT WE WILL PRIORITIZE THE APPLICATIONS OF THOSE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO ANSWER OUR CUSTOM QUESTIONS.
HELP US KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF OUR COMPANY.
We are looking for talented Jr. Quality Assurance Engineers to join our growing team and work on a very exciting venture-backed Fintech startup.
As the Jr. Quality Assurance Engineer, you are responsible in testing our products to meet the demands of the ever-changing technology landscape. You are expected to be very familiar and proficient in tools used for QA Testing and you must be super attentive to minute details keeping in mind the development timeframe. You are also expected to be knowledgeable in the field of web development – intermediate to senior skills in PHP web development and you must be updated with the latest trends in web development and QA Engineering.
You must have graduated with a degree in Computer Science or related degree and have a minimum of 1-year experience of working in a web development environment.
While the above are important to be able to do the role, we also place a high importance on getting the right people to be a part of our company and look to acquire talent that will play a long-term role in our continuing success. Some key personal skills / attributes that we look for are:
- Likable – We are still a small focused team, you must be a good team player
- Approachable – You may work with more junior resources who will be looking to learn from you, as well as you learning from others
- Driven – You will bring the same approach to your work and to your career, always striving to improve and be the best that you can
- Be assertive; work towards 100 percent customer satisfaction, you will always strive to deliver the best customer service and deliver a “Wow!” experience
- Pragmatic – You will be able to prioritize and ensure that you meet the key goals
- Positive – You have a can-do attitude and are always able to work with those around you to solve problems
- Empathetic – You have an understanding of others and are able to adapt your style to achieve the best from your interactions
- Passionate – You are dedicated and single-minded when pursuing a goal, you work in a discipline that you love
- Long hours - You understand that building something from scratch requires a lot of hard work and sometimes extra hours which come in hand with free food and drinks ;)
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Transportation Allowances