Packet (www.packet.net), a New-York based bare metal server automation startup, is seeking an additional team member to their operations in its Manila, Philippines office. We are seeking self-motivated, highly technical Linux and networking leaders to join our global team.
- Advanced configuration, management, and optimization of high-performance linux based app and database servers within Packet infrastructure.
- Deployment of new network and server infrastructure on the Packet platform, as well as planning and executing routine maintenance events.
- Support of Packet's micro service based application environment (e.g. Provisioning, Metadata, PXE, et cetera) using Docker, Rancher, Quay.io and CoreOS.
- Provide high-level support and resolution on issues related to Packet’s bare-metal servers and network (iSCSI based block storage, elastic IP addresses, etc).
- Collaboration with internal customer engagement team and content writers for technical guides and knowledge base content.
- Work with our internal team to obtain in-depth understanding of Packet’s products and services for documentation requirements.
- 5-10 years experience as a Linux Systems Engineer and/or Network Engineer. We are looking for a generalist who is experienced in both disciplines for this position.
- Experience in a hosting or service provider (NSP/ISP) is preferred.
- Strong background experience in Linux administration, Web services (NGINX, Apache, Varnish), Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL), and Configuration Management (Ansible, Puppet, Salt Stack).
- Has a high interest and loves technology! -- Containers (Docker), and different orchestration tool such as Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Rancher, et cetera.
- Strong scripting skills, including experience automating the deployment and operation of network devices.
- Experience working with large-scale distributed systems or networks.
- Working knowledge of
- current-generation Juniper, Cisco, Brocade, and Arista switches and routers is a plus.
- dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS) and MPLS is a plus.
- fiber optic networking (DWDM) concepts and troubleshooting is a plus.
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) and network device automation is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and great interpersonal skills -- we deal with people AND technology!
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Network Administration
- Linux Server
- Cisco Networking (CCNA)
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.