Packet, a New-York based Cloud infrastructure start up, with a focus on bare metal server automation, is seeking self-motivated, highly technical, systems and networking leaders to join our global team. As a technologically progressive and tightly knit start-up environment, we are looking for a Service Delivery Engineer to cover the engineering and ongoing operation of our production platform.
- Advanced configuration, management and optimization of high-performance linux based app and database servers within Packet infrastructure.
- Provide support of Packet’s micro service based application environment (e.g. Provisioning, Metadata, PXE, et cetera).
- Provide support and resolution on issues pertaining to Packet’s Infrastructure and related services (e.g. iSCSI based block storage, Elastic IPs, self-hosted BGP service, et cetera).
- Responsible for new server enrollment -- process of ingesting new (server) inventory.
- 5-10 years or relevant experience working on a large scale distributed networks and systems.
- Strong background on Linux Administration, Web Services, Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL), and Configuration Management (Salt Stack, Ansible, Puppet).
- Strong experience with various DevOps (orchestration) tools such as -- Kubernetes, Rancher, Terraform, et cetera.
- Familiar with Grafana and time-series database back-ends such as Graphite, InfluxDB is a plus!
- Strong scripting skills -- Shell, Python, Ruby, or Go
- Working experience with Juniper QFX/MX series is a plus!
- Previously involved in the cloud hosting or similar industry is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Transportation Allowances
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Ruby on Rails
- Amazon Web Services
- Database System Administration (DBA)
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science [Computer Systems Engineering]
- Information Technology
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.