Labor Relations Officer
- Quezon City, Philippines3rd floor, 15 West Ave, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Employee & Labor Relations
- Provides advice & Assists in labor related matters and disciplinary action cases.
- Provides secretariat, administrative, and logistical support for investigations involving fact-finding or disciplinary action committee meetings; and negotiations.
- Serves as a liaison and coordinates with the different units/ offices and individuals, as needed to avoid disputes; Attends hearing
- Serves as secretariat to various committees, such as the LMC (Labor-Management Council), and HR Council, including but not limited to taking/preparing minutes of meetings, taking charge of logistical requirements, and ensuring follow through of Management/Labor issues needing attention.
- Monitors action items discussed in the LMC/ HR Council meetings and ensures follow through by responsible parties.
- Provides & creates communication and documents (e.g. Notice of Charge, Notice to Explain, Investigation report, Disciplinary Action Memorandum, Cover Memorandum for labor issues).
- Disseminates information regarding meetings, conferences, and schedules of activities.
- Ensures a common understanding and the uniform implementation of HR/ Management Policies and Procedures (including the Staff Manual/Code of Discipline/Contracts).
- Recommends review, revision, and drafting of HR & company policies.
- Serves as compliance officer for the observance of statutory requirements with respect to compliance of HR to statutory and/or mandatory requirements (e.g., DOLE, BIR, SSS, Pag-IBIG, PhilHealth, etc.).
- Assists in creating/ designing the Company’s Employee Engagement activities.
- Researches best practices on employee engagement within the construction community and other industries.
- Communicates and markets the company’s employee engagement programs to unit heads and employees.
- Organizes and manages the engagement programs of HR department.
- Maintains, updates, and monitors record of Engagement Programs of the employees
- Prepares evaluation reports and coordinates feedback sessions with regard to employee engagement.
- At least 2 years experience in the same related field
- Knowledge in labor laws as applied in a construction environment is an advantage.
- Experience in handling Admin hearings/NLRC negotiations is an advantage; knowledgeable with DOLE compliance, Labor Code of the Philippines and other emerging legislations
- Has commendable interpersonal skills (ability to build rapport with others) ·
- Ability to safeguard confidential records, files and other matters.
- Have above average communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to document, take minutes, and prepare a summary of a meeting.
- Ability to facilitate discussions and recommends solutions
- Has basic knowledge in statistics and research.
- Graduate of BS Psychology, Human Resource Management, Law, Legal management, preferably under board Law student
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
About PACIFIC CONCRETE PRODUCTS, INC.
Pacific Concrete Products, Inc (PCPI) is one of the leading "AAA" Construction company in the country. We specialize in horizontal construction such as roads, bridges, airports and expressways. A multi-billion company and has proven the name in the industry for more thatn 6 decades. We are also a manufacturing company of Ready Mix Concrete and Asphalt. ISO 9001:2008 certification has been granted to PCPI for its dedication to serve our clients and customers.Pacific Concrete Products Inc. (PCPI), is an equal opportunity employer. As such, PCPI offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination. All employees are expected to adhere to both the spirit and the letter of this long-standing Lenovo policy. The exercise of rights protected by applicable federal, state and local equal employment opportunities laws such as filing complaints, participating in investigations, compliance reviews and related administrative proceedings, and lawfully opposing unlawful practices under these laws is protected activity for which harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion or discrimination will not be tolerated. Employees who believe they are being or have been unlawfully discriminated or retaliated against must immediately report the incident to Human Resources. PCPI does not authorize or condone unlawful discrimination or retaliation. If any employee is found to have unlawfully discriminated or retaliated against any other employee, appropriate disciplinary action up to and including termination will be taken. It is the responsibility of every member of management to ensure effective implementation of this policy. Specific responsibility for monitoring and reporting EEO developments is assigned to the Human resource Manager.