- Manila, Philippines
- Full time
Responsible for providing a fast and accurate billing statement to the patients and other stakeholders. Front-liner of the Finance Department having close interaction with the patients and patient’s relative for their hospital charges and other matters concerning their hospitalization bill.
Duties & Functions:
- Respond to patients/relatives concerns regarding
- Tentative Billing Inquiry
- Settlement of Final Billing
- Issuance of Discharge Slip for Company/ HMO
- Stop Charge Status
- Entertain patients or relative’s inquiries concerning hospital billing statement such as hospital charges, credit note, settlement, discount availment, discharge slip for companies and HMO, and other matters regarding policies on stop charge and cash basis procedures.
- Coordinate with other billing clerk for the patients/relatives inquiry for the processing and release of billing statement.
- Coordinate with HMO for billing purposes of the patient
- Provide discharge slip for patients with completed hospital requirements ( such as authorization letter from company/HMO, discounts Identification, etc)
- Refer the patient with Stop Charge status to the tentative billing clerk
- Receive and verify admission data sheet from Admitting Department.
- Accept patient chart from the station for final billing statement processing.
- Receive admission data sheet from the counter and file the document its respective patient’s ledger folder.
- Receive Company/HMO authorization letter from the counter and file into the respective patient’s ledger.
- Receive patient chart from the counter and pull-out patient record from the patient’s folder.
- Coordinate with the Philhealth Section Staff for the Philhealth benefits claim computations as to its final diagnosis and completion of requirements.
- Send the patient chart, records, and Philhealth benefits claims stub to Discharge Billing Clerk.
- Update regularly the tentative running hospital bill of currently admitted patients.
- Send out the tentative bills to patient’s room.
- Monitor patients under “stop charge” status, verifies subsequent payments and interacts with patient’s relative for any inquiries regarding cash basis and proper procedures under stop charge. Coordinate and communicate with the Nursing Service and Costumer Relation Officer for any issues and considerations that will arise from patients under stop charge.
- File the Tentative Billing Statement to the patient ledger folder.
- Process Patient chart for patient discharge purposes.
- Identifies the patients attending doctors in the admission data sheet.
- Include patients Philhealth benefit for deduction according to his/her final diagnosis in the final billing statement.
- Incorporate other discount benefit such as senior citizen, disable and courtesy
- Verifies the accuracy and completeness of the final billing statement.
- A graduate of Accountancy;
- Has 1-year experience in the same field;
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.