- 10 openings
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 10 days ago
- Application deadline
- in 16 days
- Recruiter responds
- 65% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 9 minutes ago
- Health and Medical
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- 46 P. Sanchez St., Sta. Mesa, Manila, Manila, Philippines
- College Degree holder of any business course.
- Has held at least 2-year experience in handling HMO in a clinic or hospital setting
- Has held at least 2 years of supervisory position
- Very good written and verbal communication skills,
- Proficient in MS Office tools: Powerpoint, Excel, Word
- Advanced project management and organizational skills
- Motivational and able to manage and implement personnel programs
Responsible for the hospital liaison officer when transacting with HMO companies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and directs the activities of the HMO team.
- Develop, establish and maintain strong 3rd party relationships with HMOs as potential sources of increased patient census.
- Create and negotiate standard deals, terms of payment, when possible, for each type of organization;
- Ensure that each 3rd party relationship is covered by a contract or Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) as applicable.
- Monitors the performance of staff.
- Encourages the professional growth and development of staff through such activities as workshops, seminars, independent study, and other continuing education opportunities.
- Prepares special reports as requires.
- Ensure that team is effectively and efficiently performing within the bounds of their duties and job responsibilities.
- Supervises a multi-functional unit of claim professionals and support staff.
- Provides day to day leadership to claim team in support of department initiatives and strategies in cost containment, case file handling, customer service and quality.
- Consistently monitors workflows to maximize accuracy and efficiency. Maintains an acceptable level of service and customer satisfaction and retention.
- Provides input in the quality review process.
- Monitors unit goals, objectives, processes, procedures and systems.