Project Based Waiter/Food Server
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 2 months ago
- Application deadline
- in a day
- Recruiter responds
- 31% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- a month ago
- Employment Type
- Office Address
- 1588 Pedro Gil corner M.H. del Pilar Sts. Malate, Manila,, Philippines, Manila, Philippines
- Well developed communication and customer relations skills.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as waiter/waitress in a hotel. ·
- Preferably male candidates
- Required skills
- The ability to produce high quality work in a consistent and reliable manner, in support of hotel’s standards and processes
- The ability to identify priorities, solve problems, produce desired results and be accountable for commitments
- The ability to build relationships within and across functions, balance individual and team goals, respect others and value different perspectives.
- The ability to listen actively and identify appropriate messages and delivery methods to effectively influence others.
- The ability to initiate action, make decisions, adapt, drive change, use resources efficiently and solve problems quickly, creatively and practically
- The ability to identify needs, shape actions and add value to relationships based on a central focus of customer satisfaction
- Maintains the daily log book.
- Reports “lost and found” items.
- To deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional, friendly, courteous and professional guest service at all times.
- To serve food and beverages to guests, according to the established standards of performance and service sequence established for the outlet.
- To handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
- To be familiar with all food and beverage items on the outlet menu.
- To prepare the outlet for operation, including mise-en-place, setting and resetting tables, light cleaning and other assigned tasks.
- To take food and beverage orders from guests, upselling wherever possible.
- To utlilise the outlet point-of-sales system as prescribed
- To ensure that all sales are properly recorded, following prescribed procedures for ordering, voiding or correcting items.
- To serve food and beverages according to the standards established.
- To clear tables and removes dirty dishes to the dish area.
- To complete opening and closing duties as assigned.
- To be flexible wherever possible in meeting special requests from guests for specific food and beverage preparation methods and ingredients.
- To follow presentation guidelines as established by the outlet manager.
- To maintain the assigned station / section in a clean and orderly manner at all times.
- To ensure that all company minimum brand standards are implemented, and that optional brand standards are implemented where appropriate.
- To work in a supportive and flexible manner with other employees and other departments
- To treat all operating equipment and supplies carefully to minimise damage and reduce wastage.
- Reads the hotel's associate guidebook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- To ensure that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
- Supports the implementation WWW, demonstrating and reinforcing New World Hotel’s values and culture characteristics.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department grooming standards.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
- To be flexible in your job function and perform any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which may be assigned to you, including redeployment to other departments/areas if required, in order to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- Willingly attends hotel training sessions as scheduled to improve skills and knowledge.
- To attend departmental communication meetings as scheduled.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
New World Manila Bay Hotel is a five-star hotel experience in the heart of Manila. Guests will enjoy the convenience of easy access to domestic and international airport, the Manila business district, Mall of Asia - the largest shopping center in the city, and historical attractions such as Intramuros, Rizal Park, Chinatown, and Cultural Center of the Philippines. The hotel features 376 guestrooms and suites, Residence Club Living Room, six dining outlets, an outdoor pool, a fitness center and spa. Meeting and event space includes a ballroom and four meeting rooms perfect for social events, corporate meetings and conferences.