Chef De Cuisine
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 2 months ago
- Application deadline
- in 2 days
- Recruiter responds
- 43% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- a month ago
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- 1588 Pedro Gil corner M.H. del Pilar Sts. Malate, Manila,, Philippines, Manila, Philippines
- Experience in kitchen production or management will be an advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential.
- Basic computer skills in MS Office, and recipe maintenance system is preferred.
- Minimum 2-year experience as chef de cuisine or sous chef in a hotel or restaurant of good standards
- Preferably with experience in luxury international brands.
- The ability to produce high-quality work in a consistent and reliable manner, in support of hotel’s standards and processes
- The ability to identify priorities, solve problems, produce desired results and be accountable for commitments
- The ability to build relationships within and across functions, balance individual and team goals, respect others and value different perspectives.
- The ability to listen actively and identify appropriate messages and delivery methods to effectively influence others.
- The ability to initiate action, make decisions, adapt, drive change, use resources efficiently and solve problems quickly, creatively and practically
- The ability to identify needs, shape actions and add value to relationships based on a central focus of customer satisfaction
Essential duties and responsibilities – (Key activities)
- To develop, propose, describe and price menus that are appropriate for the outlet operation, the market and the desired business goals.
- To prepare and update the Outlet Kitchen’s Departmental Operations Manuals.
- To attend weekly Food and Beverage and Department Head Meetings, as scheduled.
- To conduct pre-shift briefings and regular communications meetings, ensuring that they are effective and conducted as necessary.
- To maintain and utilize other departmental and associate communications channels, e.g. notice boards, log books, handover reports, etc.
- To ensure that all guest contact culinary associates in the outlet deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- To ensure that culinary associate also provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
- To handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- To develop, write, test and follow standard recipes.
- To maximize associate productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking, and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the outlet as well as the expectations of the guests.
- To ensure that the outlet food cost is managed in line with maximizing profit while delivering on the brand promise.
- To assist in proactively managing costs.
- To assist in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel operating equipment and other assets, including establishing par stocks, equipment care and maintenance and inventory taking as required.
- To assist with the input and oversight of product specifications, recipes, and other data as required, supporting the smooth operation of Materials Management and Cost Audit functions.
- To work with the purchasing manager in the procurement of the best product for the best price.
- To work closely with the chief steward to ensure that hygiene standards are maintained and that operating equipment is cared for to maximize its useful life and to minimize breakage.
- To establish the culinary standards for the outlet, overseeing the consistent implementation of the approved menu and training the associates as necessary in the preparation and presentation of each and every item.
- To be able to create special menus, suggest alternatives, meet specific customer requests and interact with customers to meet and exceed their culinary expectations.
- To monitor all outlet kitchen operations, especially during peak business periods, assisting and making adjustments where necessary.
- To review and analyze the weekly/monthly menu sales analysis to adjust the menu mix and engineer the menu for greater profitability and customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
- To respond to the results of the consumer audit and to ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
- To work closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- To make sure that culinary associates work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments.
- To make sure that all associates are up to date with the availability of seasonal and new products on the market.
- To taste and monitor the food products served, providing feedback and adjusting where appropriate.
- To work with the director of engineering to ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and cared for.
- To assist in the recruitment and selection of outlet culinary associates. To follow hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting associates.
- To oversee the punctuality and appearance of outlet culinary associates, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
- To maximize the effectiveness of outlet culinary associates by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- To conduct annual performance development discussions with associates.
- To implement effective training programs for associates in coordination with the training and development manager and the outlet kitchen’s departmental trainers.
- To prepare and post weekly work schedules for outlet culinary associates, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
- To encourage associates to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognizing them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- To ensure that all associates have a complete understanding of and adhere to associate rules and regulations.
- To ensure that associates follow all hotel, company, and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
- Supports the implementation WWW, demonstrating and reinforcing New World Hotel’s Values and culture characteristics.
- To maintain strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels and other organizations.
- To respond to changes in the food and beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- To read the hotel's associate guidebook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To constantly evaluate local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant operations to make sure that the hotel’s own operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
- To look for marketing and public relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
New World Manila Bay Hotel is a five-star hotel experience in the heart of Manila. Guests will enjoy the convenience of easy access to domestic and international airport, the Manila business district, Mall of Asia - the largest shopping center in the city, and historical attractions such as Intramuros, Rizal Park, Chinatown, and Cultural Center of the Philippines. The hotel features 376 guestrooms and suites, Residence Club Living Room, six dining outlets, an outdoor pool, a fitness center and spa. Meeting and event space includes a ballroom and four meeting rooms perfect for social events, corporate meetings and conferences.