- 6 openings
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 2 months ago
- Application deadline
- in 9 months
- Recruiter responds
- 19% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 7 days ago
- Retail Industry
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- 3rd Floor Quad Alpha Centrum Bldg. 125 Pioneer st., Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
Organizing and Planning
The successful candidate possesses:
- A minimum of three years experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
- Is flexible and able to work as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- SAP experience is an advantage.
- Preferably possessing a suitable background experience in inventory management in trading.
- Have a detailed understanding of inventory control systems with a working knowledge of the trading processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Fluent in English
- Mature, self-motivated, proactive, willing to learn and able to work under pressure.
- Develop inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances.
- Monitor inventory transactions.
- Reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as needed.
- Coordinate with accounting and other relevant departments to ensure that all product costs are properly taken in the cost of sales and inventory costs.
- Assist other functional units within the Finance team in carrying out jobs as and when required by the management.
- Accommodate special projects as required.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Employee Discounts
Over sixty years of focused energy has brought National Book Store to where it is now: the pinnacle of the bookstore industry in the Philippines. More than that, the National Book Store family takes pride in its role as an institution that supports education and enhances lives by providing the best and widest selection of educational, professional, and social communication products. The values that took Mr. and Mrs. Ramos through adversity -- hard work, shrewd business skills and a strong sense of social responsibility -- remain the driving force for the whole Ramos family, their 2,500 employees in over 160 branches, and will keep National Book Store ahead in the next century. Our purpose is to serve not only the customers but also the employees with tools that enrich their minds and improve their skills to ensure their success. All our efforts are concentrated to serve this purpose. We provide the largest selection of products and services, reaching more customers through our growing branch network, and spreading the love of reading and learning through our advocacy and community campaigns. Our Core Values are: Virtue, Accountability, Leadership, Unity, Entrepreneurial spirit and Service Oriented. Having this MINDSET is key to our success.